View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 no selling races on USA schedule 
Selling plater

Post no selling races on USA schedule
Hello, I have encountered something new and disturbing (I think). After years of careful playing I have my first 2-year-old home-breds hitting the track. In July there is not s single selling race for my youngsters to enter. Since they need at least two races to get a rating to enter handicaps, it seems my only option for entering a horse that won their first maiden is to throw them into a conditions or allowance race that they might get destroyed in. Not a single selling race is on the schedule for them to enter. In previous years there were always plenty. Also I'm seeing a few claiming races, just a few, which I only ever saw in UK races previously, not the USA flat schedule.

I am using the StartIt mod, and USA racing. This has never happened to me before after using that mod, and I have a sick feeling in my stomach that this means this game slot is screwed up somehow. Which would mean losing several years of effort in this particular game.

Thoughts?

Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:44 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: no selling races on USA schedule
Hey Mr. Stork...

Strangely enough, I noticed this yesterday myself. My 2 year old went about 8 or 9 weeks without racing...eventually a race showed up that I could put her in, I just had to wait it out.

I don't know enough to say that it is a software bug, error or if this is how it works in the USA. I am fascinated by the whole horse racing universe, live and on PC, and because I am so new to it, I have no practical experience to say / know when something in the simulation is wrong.

For my first season, I am also using the StartIt mods and racing in the USA, but I was only a couple of months into season one, so I sure hope you don't have to restart your game.

I am also going to be trying the UK flat schedule...maybe that will be different?

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
1.053 Foreign support races fix.
US mode selling races now claimers with level weights.
Jockey AI bend related steering mods.
League mode stats now visible.
Flat horses improvement/form peak curve improved.

I've played a US game for years and years and rarely run in a seller race.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:45 pm
Selling plater

Hmm, I've played several years in another game with the StartIt mod, and never had the selling races vanish. In fact I used the same game start file as the one I'm using now (made a backup) and this didn't happen. Throwing my one-race-one-win babies into a Conditions meat grinder is not what I had hoped for.

Anyone else have this experience? Is this just a patch fix that turns sellers into claimers?

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:55 am
Selling plater

If this is a patch fix, any way to roll that back on steam so I can have the selling races like before? Not a single claiming race available to my one-race-one-win youngsters as of August of their first racing year.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:53 pm
Selling plater

It appears to me the claiming races are not implemented correctly. IRL all the horses in the race can be claimed prior to the race for a set amount. I don't see a way to do that prior to a race.

Am I missing something?

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]