View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Stud Fees - What are the top fees you've got away with? 
Group 1 winner

Post Stud Fees - What are the top fees you've got away with?
I found that if I set the fee to a measly $500 you can get everyone to visit your stud farm. This got annoying by wasting my time accepting requests. The top stud fee in my current save is eight million with a bunch of others at two and one million fees. Unrealistic yes but it is what it is. I decided to set my fees in three groups - Top 500k / Middle 250k / Low 125k. As I suspected no bites so far but now I can concentrate on racing horses. :?

What prices are you getting away with?

Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:06 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stud Fees - What are the top fees you've got away with?
I just got my first bid for one of my newly priced studs - 250k

Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:14 am
Group 3 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
I just got my first bid for one of my newly priced studs - 250k

I'm doing the complete opposite and giving them away at 500 pound so they breed as much as possible to my stallions, hopefully it will improve the computer horses.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:40 pm
Handicapper

I set the fees for my top tier stallions at rates that discourage entreaties from the AI for their first few years of availability, reserving their services exclusively for my mares. Second tier stallions are free game at low prices. The top AI stallion commands a stud fee of $1M. A former Horse of the Year, he has twice the stakes winning percentage of his closest competitor in large part to his coupling with my broodmare band. Six of his top ten earners are from my stable, including a two year old champion filly and a three year old champion filly (I manually select award winners to mirror the American Eclipse Award categories). Beginning next season, I'll be integrating his bloodline with those of my top tier stallions.

Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]