View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Merry Christmas National Hunt help 
Selling plater

Post Merry Christmas National Hunt help
Once again the King George as inspired me to fire up a SO7 Mobile jumps season (on simple training) I’ve laid the foundations down built the barn I’m about 10 seasons in got 40 decent mares and am breeding those with the top stallions etc now to the problems

1. Breeding in the jumps is so hard because you can’t get a hold on which horses produce G1 progeny. this is because when the progeny start wining the grade races at like 7-8 the stallion is usually 20 and ready to expire from the game if that makes sense, so my first question is what stallions and what do people look for when breeding in the jumps game.

2 first a little context of how I plan my horses career 3-4yr bumpers 4-5 novice hurdle 5-6 novice chasing 6 don’t race 7open racing

I always seem to have a couple of decent novices over hurdles and chasers that will win the good novice races at there respected distances, (supreme, RSA, arkle) for example and get ratings of around 130-40
This is where I struggle I don’t run them at 6 because I read somewhere that they can’t live with the computer horses until they get that stats kick at 7, however I will then at 7 try running them In whatever school they rated highest in hurdles or fences and they never seem to win they seem two high to win handicaps and too low ratings to compete in the graded races so my second dilemma is asking you experts how you campaign your horses when they reach 7 after they’ve finished novicing?

3 I don’t understand the jump ability bar I have horses that don’t even get 10percent yet if you buy a decent computer horse at the sales the jumping ability bar can sometimes be 90-100 does this bar ever go up with age or if the horse wins or anything because I haven’t ever noticed it? Secondly I read that this bar isn’t important and the jumping speed bar is more important for jumping

Hope to hear any advice on the questions or any general advice or tips anyones had on being successful as a jumps trainer
Robbie

Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]