View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Jumping ability potential 
Selling plater

Post Jumping ability potential
My horses always seem to fall specially over fences not hurdles
Can the jumping ability potential be improved?
Does it ever go up? I’ve never seen it rise
Yet if you buy a decent horse on auction or a decent breeding mare there jumping ability potential can be nearly full, yet my horses hardly get over 20percent

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:21 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Jumping ability potential
Key factors for good chasers -

1. GOOD jumping potential (head lad report/opinion)

2. Ground preference either GOOD or SOFTER.

3. Run your jumps horses in a manual training game, so that you can give them jumps training in the off-season (summer months).

4. I'd say 80% of all chasers fall or unseat at some point. It's just the way Mark has it set up.

5. The jumping potential bar will gradually improve as the horses get older. A good one will get to maybe 75% by the time they hit 10 years old.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:02 am
Selling plater

Thanks for the reply Cameron

I usually play simple training mode but was going to start a manual training
Any tips on manual training like how long you keep your horses in the intensity between races?
And how do you jumps train your horses on the mobile version the options are speed stamina training then agility or starting doesn’t seem to be a jumps option?

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:19 pm
Selling plater

Hi mate. I don't know the mobile game. Only play on PC, but I suspect things are the same.

Manual training tips -

1. Keep your horses daily training to moderate (the brown circle).

2. When you want to get your horses to maximum fitness (green), switch the training intensity to red on Wednesdays only. Then turn it back to orange on Thursday. This training intensity only works on Wednesday. It's not a bug, just the way Mark set it up. Thus, use red intensity on the wednesday before your horse is next racing.

3. On the PC version, jumps training is in the same function as agility, and starting(breaking), just click it one more time and it will show (JUMP). the intensity blob will turn blue, and your horse will put on body weight. You don't need to touch anything more. Maintain that jumps training for the summer months, upto four or five months. The jumps training function will only show up if you are in a jumps manual game or a combined flat/jumps manual game. When you've finished the summer's jumps training, say around September, switch the training intensity back to orange about three or four weeks before your horse is expecting to run in a race. On the last Wednesday before race day, do the one day of red intensity training mentioned above to get it's fitness to green.

4. Finally, the Jumps training will only really work if your horse has at least a 20% training adaptation level in its secondary stats.

Phew! Hope that helps. :-)

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Cameron wrote:
Hi mate. I don't know the mobile game. Only play on PC, but I suspect things are the same.

Manual training tips -

1. Keep your horses daily training to moderate (the brown circle).

2. When you want to get your horses to maximum fitness (green), switch the training intensity to red on Wednesdays only. Then turn it back to orange on Thursday. This training intensity only works on Wednesday. It's not a bug, just the way Mark set it up. Thus, use red intensity on the wednesday before your horse is next racing.

3. On the PC version, jumps training is in the same function as agility, and starting(breaking), just click it one more time and it will show (JUMP). the intensity blob will turn blue, and your horse will put on body weight. You don't need to touch anything more. Maintain that jumps training for the summer months, upto four or five months. The jumps training function will only show up if you are in a jumps manual game or a combined flat/jumps manual game. When you've finished the summer's jumps training, say around September, switch the training intensity back to orange about three or four weeks before your horse is expecting to run in a race. On the last Wednesday before race day, do the one day of red intensity training mentioned above to get it's fitness to green.

4. Finally, the Jumps training will only really work if your horse has at least a 20% training adaptation level in its secondary stats.

Phew! Hope that helps. :-)

Been playing this game since the year dot and was totally unaware that only Wednesday was used for increasing fitness, shall use your tip from now on, thanks

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]