View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Current save: Potentially the greatest Bloodline of all time 
Selling plater

Post Current save: Potentially the greatest Bloodline of all time
Making this because I need to tell someone who will appreciate the pain and joy I experienced.

When I first started my current save I got lucky at a couple auctions and picked up some absolute gems, and I had transferred in a horse that I had acquired at the end of my last game as I had plans for it to be a jumps horse and I obtained it on a flat save. The horse that I transferred in was named Spiorad he wasn't anything great and was one of the better horses I had at the time, here is Spiorad's current stats and info

He ended up being a solid 8/10 for those early game seasons and meant I didn't have to worry too much about going broke from overpaying at auctions.

Anyways, when Spiorad was around 4 I acquired a horse that I took notice of mainly due to its name being something dumb, enter Honkers Bonkers.

As you can see his stats aren't anything to write home about but for some reason he was dominant winning group race after group race to the point I didn't even try thinking about what horses he was going up against as I had no concerns about him not winning. Once he reached the end of his 4 year old season I made him my main stud but I'll get to that later, but before I do I need to mention arguably the most important of all my horses, Fala.

Fala had a comparably lesser career to Honkers Bonkers but I always knew I would pair them together because I mean look at Fala's stats.

My thought process was simple, why not? what's the worst that can happen? and it turns out I am basically a breeding wizard because this popped out of them.

Enthralled ended up being the first major step in my breeding program and was my first home bred success, I even considered going for the triple crown with her and that got off to a good start with her winning both the 1000 Guineas and the Oaks but she just couldn't get the extra distance for the St Leger, it was painful but it was a great first step, I knew that as soon as her 4 y/o season was done she would give me some quality horses.

Now I'll circle back to my first horse Spiorad as you may be wondering why I mentioned him considering how much better the other horses are.
It's simple I made a mistake, I accidentally bred Spiorad with Fala instead of Honkers Bonkers, and this mistake was the best thing that's happened to me in this game. and that's because it resulted in an average looking monster.

Enter Teaforthree Ancient.

You may be looking at the stats saying that's not average, but in my stable at the time, it was and it is even more so now.
I have made the decision to end Tea's career at the end of his 4 y/o season even though he is still the most dominant horse around (yes he did win less group races than Honkers but thats besides the point). Now by the time Tea came to me I was actively trying my hardest to win the triple crown and naturally I thought Tea would have a great chance at doing that, so I entered him into the races, coming off the back of a tight win in the Champions Challenge stakes 8 days prior (oversight on my part) he went into the 2000 Guineas with two group ones and two group twos, I was confident, and then heartbreak, Tea finished third two lengths from second and three lengths from first.
I took a break from the game at this point as I had been putting all my hopes on Tea as all the other potential runners apart from one had failed in the races leading up to it.
Once I came back to the game (around 8 months or so later) I decided who cares if I can't win the English Triple crown, I can still make Tea the greatest horse ever, and so I entered him into the Irish 2000 Guineas and wouldn't you know it he went and won it, and at this point I remind myself that the Irish triple crown is still very much up for grabs so I make that my mission.
However something didn't sit right with me about the other triple crown races so I decided to enter Tea into the Derby just seven days after the Irish Guineas success and Tea won by three lengths at which point I'm just annoyed because my own bad management cost us the English Guineas and a potential triple crown. Anyways later that month Tea won the Irish Derby by 4 and a half lengths and I then had to make a decision about going for the Irish St Leger or the English one in that season, I decided to go for the English one as it is 3yo only and I wouldn't have another chance whereas the Irish one is 3yo+.
Once I bump Tea up to run at 1m 5f I'm quietly confident that both St Legers will be mine.
After the first test to see if Tea could get the distance I rested him for a full month so that I wouldn’t have a repeat of the English Guineas, around the same time as Tea doing well I had another horse doing really well and that horse was Rossmill Native

Rossmill Native had a very bad start to her racing career with me, not achieving a higher finish than 6th in C2 and C3 races, but due to having a lack of quality horses eligible for the 1000 Guineas and Oaks I decided to enter her, which proved a mistake when she finished 17th out of the 20 runners in the Guineas, all was not lost though as she proved herself when in her very next run she won the oaks and came second in the Irish edition of the race, the key factor being that I now knew she was a real talent so I entered her into the St Leger, a decision that almost came back to haunt me.

It's race day, I have three runners in the race and I'm confident one of them will get in and around the places. With 2 furlongs left to go Tea was in the lead and I was buzzing as this would technically complete a mixed triple crown, and then Rossmill Native started catching, going into the final furlong I realised that I may have made a massive error in entering her into the contest, but thankfully I Tea kicked on and saw it out meanwhile I was sweating like I had staked my house on the race. Now was a dilemma, I could still win the Irish Triple Crown, I just needed to wait a year for the race to come around again, so I did, but not before I went for big money.

I have always enjoyed watching the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Arc) every year IRL so I decided that being a sudo Triple Crown winner was sweet and adding an Arc victory would be even sweeter.
So I entered him into what I consider to be one of the best flat races all year. He won it, and it was a comfortable 2 length victory, I was buzzing at this point and then I realised that IRL the melbourne cup was coming up soon and I checked to see what the prize money was (Greedy yes I know) and I entered him into that, and apparently Tea can win anything regardless of distance because he won that by 2 lengths too.

Fast forward a year and it's time for the Irish St Leger, I had been racing Tea sporadically throughout the season in the big money races to keep up racing fitness and it was all leading up to this moment, can Tea step up and put his name in the history books and become the third horse of all time to win the Irish triple crown and the first post-WW2.

He can. Comfortably.

By just under 4 Lengths in a dominant display Teaforthree Ancient's name was etched into the history books never to be forgotten.

What more can this horse accomplish I thought to myself, and as a result I entered him into the Arc once again, can he do it again and assert his dominance on everything over a mile long. Unfortunately he couldn't, I hadn't raced him at anything below 1m 6f since the previous Arc and as a result he did not win his second Arc, he did however finish second by only a half length, not a bad effort if you ask me.

Tea was now the highest earning horse of all time with Honkers dropping to second place.

This brings me back to present day, I am retiring Tea and placing him as a stud for the greats (although I did consider trying to get him to a rating of 148 so that he would definitively be better than Frankel but ultimately decided against it), only a select few mares will breed with him from now on, with the main three being Fala (yes its incest, but its horses so its ok, right?), Enthralled who brings the bloodline of Honkers with her and finally Rossmill Native, who would've been a 2/3 triple crown race winner if not for Tea. The next generation looks to be a true golden generation.

I will post images of the Tea's offspring as yearlings once they have entered the game.

Feel free to ask questions about either the save, horses, the way I play or just the game in general, I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'll help as much as I can.

If you made it to the end I hope you enjoyed my nonsensical rambling :)

Last edited by JS32 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:36 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Current save: Potentially the greatest Bloodline of all
Great stuff! Love stuff like this.

Imgur is weird.
I can't get the photos to embed with the link it gives you, and it shows up just like yours did at first.
What I do is click on the photo in Imgur to bring it up, and then right click on copy link, and use that.
For some reason it works that way.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:29 am
Group 1 winner

For Imgur click on your image and copy the BBCode link. Just paste that in your post. Like this...

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:36 am
Selling plater

Cheers for the help guys, I have edited the post now :)

Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:32 am
Handicapper

Yeah, the game can lead to fun stories like this!

Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]