View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Such a Shame 
Selling plater

Post Such a Shame
SO7 the version that killed the game ! ! ! such a shame :(

Thu May 26, 2022 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Such a Shame
Hey look everybody Gerry still hates SO7. In case you missed it the first ten times he's told us.

Fri May 27, 2022 1:06 am
Group 1 winner

Going to 110% disagree with u Gerry, its by far the best of the series and the only one that actually has a proper AI. The computer horses get better with age and the game will still challenge u after 50 plus seasons, all the other games wouldn't have done that.

Fri May 27, 2022 10:43 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Going to 110% disagree with u Gerry, its by far the best of the series and the only one that actually has a proper AI. The computer horses get better with age and the game will still challenge u after 50 plus seasons, all the other games wouldn't have done that.

I agree with everything you said ghostzapper.

Fri May 27, 2022 11:31 pm
Handicapper

A wonderful game. Could it use a few tweaks? Sure, much like any other, but it delivers on so many levels. I wish the community were more active, but that doesn't diminish my appreciation for the game.

Sat May 28, 2022 2:01 pm
Group 3 winner

GerryLove wrote:
SO7 the version that killed the game ! ! ! such a shame :(

Oh man how!!!
Just how!
Explain in full!

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:22 am
Selling plater

I agree,it is poor compared to SO6.I have played SO 7 since it came out around 3 years ago,I have bred horses with high bars,get it is almost impossible for them to put in a sequence of wins..I would average I get approximately 1 horse in every 8 winning.I understand not everyone wants the simplicity of SO6,but it would have been fair if a choice of playing the game in difficulty as it is,or very easy like SO 6 was available

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:35 pm
Selling plater

I agree,it is poor compared to SO6.I have played SO 7 since it came out around 3 years ago,I have bred horses with high bars,get it is almost impossible for them to put in a sequence of wins..I would average I get approximately 1 horse in every 8 winning.I understand not everyone wants the simplicity of SO6,but it would have been fair if a choice of playing the game in difficulty as it is,or very easy like SO 6 was available

exactly, I suppose it's great if you want to spend hours & hours to try to get something half decent. Not if you just want to enjoy the GAME this is not real life it should be a GAME for FUN. :)

Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:39 pm
Group 3 winner

You could always go back to Stable Masters, the predecessor of Starters Orders if you want comparatively simple. If horse racing was simple we'd all be millionaires and the industry would fold due to be uncompetitive

Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:20 pm
Handicapper

GerryLove wrote:
I
exactly, I suppose it's great if you want to spend hours & hours to try to get something half decent. Not if you just want to enjoy the GAME this is not real life it should be a GAME for FUN. :)

Except that that's essentially the definition of a sim....."a category of video games, generally designed to closely simulate real world activities."

Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:56 pm
Group 1 winner

GerryLove wrote:

Thats just not true, SO6 only had one setting and that was easy , this game is harder because its actually got a AI unlike all the rest of the SO series. After 20 seasons in all the rest of the games it was easy because the computer horses never improved where the computers horses get better with age like the players. After 60 seasons my US game is still a challenge . :D

Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:39 pm
Selling plater

But to balance out your argument,SO7seems to have only one setting,difficult.I just get fed up seeing well bred horses in the game getting beaten,sometimes well failed ofg.In SO6 a well bred 2year old could still win a maiden race against horses that had already been placed.In SO7 it is not possible.I am well into the game,yet have still not won any classic race.No one wants a game too easy,but at least if one had over 300 horses in y,you would expect an high percentage of placed horses.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:33 pm
Selling plater

dignitaries wrote:
But to balance out your argument,SO7seems to have only one setting,difficult.I just get fed up seeing well bred horses in the game getting beaten,sometimes well failed ofg.In SO6 a well bred 2year old could still win a maiden race against horses that had already been placed.In SO7 it is not possible.I am well into the game,yet have still not won any classic race.No one wants a game too easy,but at least if one had over 300 horses in y,you would expect an high percentage of placed horses.

Well said :)

Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]