View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 I'm baaaaaaack (again) 
Selling plater

Post I'm baaaaaaack (again)
Hi guys - George here (also known as Speedster591 of old)

Used to league race back during the SO2, SO3 and SO4. A lot has happened in my life since then - and it's all been a bit crazy!

Bit of a change of career - I am a Professional Sports/Esports Commentator now. I am the commentator for the International GT Open, GT Cup Open and Euroformula Open, also the Formula Regional European Championship by Alpine.

In the Esports world I got established as a commentator through the Codemasters Formula 1 games - commentating the top tier of PSGL, WOR and ORL etc. I am now the official commentator for Formula 1 and their Esports product as well as many other events broadcasted on Sky Sports and BT Sport.

I will also be getting my chance commentating horse racing in the future as well and darts too!

Wanted to come back and start competing in the SO Leagues - is there one running?

Hope everyone is doing ok - looking forward to hopefully seeing some old faces!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:11 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: I'm baaaaaaack (again)
Welcome back.

The league is so different now from when you participated before. I first joined the league in 2011 and there is no comparison between the present league and how things were back then.

There is a league running now, it is week 5 of a 13 week season. We will be having a mid-season break between 9th and 16th December. This break is usually where existing trainers can add a few new horses and I think new trainers can join the league.

Unfortuneately, our league President, is in hospital, so not sure exactly what is happening this time.

To join the league, you need to register here - http://startersordersonlineleague.com/#/

If you are a experienced commentator, you are exactly what the league could use. At present, we have two guys who provide excellent commentaries on our races but they are overworked and I am sure would appreciate some help. If you are interested, post something on the forum and either Martin or Stu will get in touch.

If you are starting a new career in the league, I would advise checking out some of the threads in the General forum and the League forum on how to start a new save game. There is probably not one definative explanation of how to start a new save, but check out some of the comments in these threads.

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20874&start=105 - Look at page 8, the comments between Anadin, Ghostzapper and myself.

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20929

One last thing, make sure you start your new save in League mode or you will not be able to enter your horses into the league.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]