View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 new game 
Selling plater

Post new game
i have quite a bit of horse racing knowledge but i cant put it into the game... when starting a new save whats the best thing to do at the start to get decent enough horses to run grade 1s 2s either for flat or national hunt... cheers

Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:12 am
Selling plater

Post Re: new game
Have a punt on the legend horses when they race i have only seen Black caviar lose once.
Odds are short but your bank climbs quick so you can buy better horses and build your stable.
Good Luck

Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:41 am
Selling plater

kosty70 wrote:
Have a punt on the legend horses when they race i have only seen Black caviar lose once.
Odds are short but your bank climbs quick so you can buy better horses and build your stable.
Good Luck

If the odds of winning are high, it's not really true. I just get to know the game :)

Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:24 am
Group 3 winner

I stopped doing it's not really true many many years ago in this game.

You need money and there are lots of ways to do it.

Easiest is take advantage of the repetitive results.

1st day sell all useless assets and save the game. Run the races, now you maybe know the results, close the game holding the shift key. Now you can tell a version of the games future.

Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:31 am
Selling plater

dragontrainer wrote:
I stopped doing it's not really true many many years ago in this game.

You need money and there are lots of ways to do it.

Easiest is take advantage of the repetitive results.

1st day sell all useless assets and save the game. Run the races, now you maybe know the results, close the game holding the shift key. Now you can tell a version of the games future.

Yes, it works, I tried it. But it's also a bit of a boring scenario, although it's proven.

Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:05 pm
Selling plater

Unfortunately the ways to get money which in turn gets better horses is either buying crap mares 1st year and breed them and sell their offspring the following year or bet on the horses and close the game before it auto saves.

I usually go for the crap mares breeding and turning a profit with yearlings, though your bank account may get low while waiting for the season(s) to turn over. I try to base my bets (without cheating/closing) based on recent 3 race performances + current odds. Its taken ~7 game years for me to finally breed decent stock to compete in G2/G1s. It is a bit of a grind to get there, but the feeling of finally winning feels great.

I'd also recommend to check sales (even weekly ones) regularly while starting a new game. I've stolen some young upswing horses for 100k (80-90 PRs but the game is telling me they are improving every start) and I notice the AI primarily bids based off of pedigree over current talent. The 100k's were from non-graded pedigree but obviously showing early potential. :) Good luck!

Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]