View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 SO4 Race sequence movie, screenshots and update. 
Group 3 winner

Post Mark(Fences)
Mark are the fences done as they were in So4 all on one work sheet.
Will they be easy to alter if so I will do my fences again.
There was not a lot of room to put side rails etc.
S04 looks stunning.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:56 am
Group 1 winner

Wow, with all the stuff going on I wasn't that excited about SO4 but now I can't wait!! Who needs A-levels when SO4 is so well done!

Thank you for taking all our comments on board. The race sequencer looks great. I'm assuming as in SO3 if we alter any races we have to make sure the flat and jumps races don't clash?

I LOVE the kickback, wow what an innovation. This game looks fantastic, as lots of others have said I'd happily pay more for it (not that I'm complaining about the £20 price tag! :wink: ) You and whoever worked on this with you have done a great job because it's getting to be the sort of thing you'd expect from one of the huge game-making corporations!

I LOVE IT!

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:10 am
Handicapper

Looks superb, a excellent job done on all aspects and can see massive improvements to the game all ways round.

Well Done

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:12 am
Group 1 winner

Incredible. Mark, You are my hero! - I cannot wait. Think me and the missus will be splitting up haha.

I love the way the background moves as if they are going round a bend. I cannot wait to send my horses round Chester. :lol:

The gfx are a MASSIVE improvement.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:11 pm
Group 1 winner

but one thing in the last screenshot how comes c p lemaire is riding two horses and why are the flat jockeys riding in jump races
Thanks
And like i said i cant wait, well done mark

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Stunning mark, may have to book a couple of weeks of work to play cant wait!

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Firstly, I totally agree with what everyone else has said - SO4 looks absolutely amazing! I am now even more excited about its release than I previously was!

However, there are a few questions and concerns after seeing the screenshots:

1. It's great to see that you've brought the class system into the game, but the classes don't seem to match with ratings as they would in real life. In terms of the available handicap bands you have in the game, in the flat game it should be Class 1 (Group & Listed races), Class 2 (0-110, 0-100 h'caps), Class 3 (0-90), Class 4 (0-80), Class 5 (0-70), Class 6 (0-60), while in the jumps game it should be Class 1 (Graded & Listed races), Class 2 (0-150, 0-140 h'caps), Class 3 (0-130, 0-120), Class 4 (0-110, 0-100), and so on. In terms of maidens, there are a handful of Class 2 maidens during the season, but the vast majority are Class 3 and below.

2. I like the fact that you can choose the start and finish dates of your season, but, rather worryingly, it looks like in the flat/jumps combined season, you can still only run the NH season from Jan to Dec? Is this correct? And in jumps only mode, can you run the NH season as it should be, from autumn to spring?

3. Some of the NH handicaps listed on the screenshot should be graded handicaps, such as the Peter Marsh Chase, which should be a Grade 2 H'cap, and the Sandown H'cap Hurdle (now called the Heroes H'cap Hurdle in real life), which should be a Grade 3 H'cap. Is it possible to have graded handicaps in the NH schedule, as well as handicaps with ratings bands?

4. I also noticed from that screenshot that the feature novice chases don't seem to be graded (and that they are only Class 4 for some reason)? Even if you can't have graded novice races in SO4, has the system been improved enough that horses received updated ratings for running in novice races, and that feature novice races tend to attract the higher-rated novices? Also, will novices run in races over appropriate distances, as you would often get 2-mile chasers running in novice races of 3m+ in SO3. These things were all significant issues in SO3.

5. A minor issue, really, but I see in one of the screenshots there is a flat meeting at Sandown on March 13th, but there really shouldn't be any flat turf meetings until Doncaster at the end of March. Not sure if this is something that is easy to set in the game or not though.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:09 am
Group 1 winner

Ohh I see what you mean Panther... You are VERY observant! I also noticed that Olivier Peslier (sp?) is riding the the Irish National, also that Tom O'brien is spelt T. O?Brian. I assume that these are all little things which will be corrected as the game comes together...?

Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:24 pm
Handicapper

i just cannot believe that u are selling this at £19.99 on download only, if you would of brought this out on disk and put the price up abit you would of proberly got game of the month or something lol, fantastic game, fantastic visuals, every thing about it is just realism, well done mark and the team :)

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:27 pm
Handicapper

a year ago when so3 came out i asked you to marry me.......... you declined.........

so now i'm asking you again!!!!!

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:31 pm
Handicapper

which day in december will we see starters orders 4? (WHAT A GAME!!!)

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:23 pm
Handicapper

i managed to get a clear print screen shot of the horse and jockeys jumping stance on the starters orders 4 sequence video, it is veery realistic!!!

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:21 pm
Handicapper

mark when will we see more screenshots, please could we have one with an irish schedule

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Bloody Fantastic. I can almost smell the amount of sweat and hard work that as gone into SO4. Mark, like I have said before you are a genius. SO4 is the best game ever made by anyone on this planet.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next