View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 At a crossroads... 
Selling plater

Post At a crossroads...
I have been playing SO Classic, and I want to try SO7, simply for the better animation sequences, as it appears that everything else seems to be equal (as Classic uses the 2D anims from a previous SO).

So, is it worth purchasing SO7, or waiting for SO8? At C$40 on Steam, SO7 is not exactly inexpensive for such an old (forgive the term) title, since it was released in 2019. And the comments about crashing, the apparent inability to update, etc are kind of troubling. On top of it, this particular forum is very quiet (as is the one on Steam). There does not seem to be a ton of discussion involving this game, which surprises me.

I love SO Classic, I love that it isn't easy, I love that I am WAY better at finishing 2nd rather than winning a race, and while I cannot figure out how to implement the Start It mods, I am happy to keep doing what I am doing. Just feels like I might be missing out on some cool options.

What do you think? Thanks for your time!

Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:13 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: At a crossroads...
I would wait. Mainly because if this release follows previous releases you may be able to pre-purchase a key through this site at a nice discount.

Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:36 am
Selling plater

Post Re: At a crossroads...
A discount would be a solid reason to wait, yes. Thanks for the tip!

Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]