View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Just a Thank You 
Group 3 winner

Post Just a Thank You
I have loved this game from the original Stable Masters with the 2 player option and taking turns to buy sprinters to see who could win the Derby. Many, many hours of fun with my brother.

Who could of known I could have so much fun from ordering a game from the small ads of an Amiga computer magazine back in the day. Not only this game but you could also buy Football Masters for a massive discount at the time, almost BOGOF kinda thing and I definately got more than my moneys worth out of that with uni mates at the time. Many wasted days watching a ball zip around a football pitch and I don't even like football. Can't remember what the other games were.

But what nailed it for me was when I built my first PC and bought SO2. Yeah I didn't buy the original SO because the late John Mac was on the cover and I hated him. The only good thing he ever did was 'Lay of the Day', that was best favourite of the day to put your money on (think it was 11 on the row that won). They dropped that like a lead balloon. What a shame!
I digress, after playing the PC version I had a problem with SO2 and emailed Mark as the game suggested and next day recieved a prompt reply via email with an attached file to fix my problem. This! Just this. I love any game where the programer or anyone involved takes the time out to help you play.

Thank you Mark for those small ads lol.

Sat May 18, 2024 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]