View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 online league 
Selling plater

Post online league
:D Hi Everyone
Looking forward to SO4,love the SO series.
Thinking of maybe joining the online league,just a couple of questions.
Do horses entering the league run on an equal footing,by this I mean that if horses entering the league are trained on automatic in easy play mode(therefore always fully fit)get an advantage over manually trained horses in hard play mode that may be slightly below fully fit?
:roll:
Will there be seperate leagues for flat and jumps?
Merry Christmas to all
Dave

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:45 am
Group 1 winner

To be honest l dont think auto train has an advantage at all, when you actually spend time ( over at least 100 hours for me) to learn to train i think manual training has the edge. You can train a lot better for the distances so a 1m 1f horse can be trained for speed and become top miler i agree fitness can sometimes be hard but that is the game. If your just playing game for league i guess auto is a lot faster to produce a horse but whether it will be top class league horse, well who knows. I would like to be able to put jumpers and flat horses into 2 diff section that would help entering races and sorting schedule. Really still hoping its released today at some point :lol:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: online league
dave booker wrote:
:D Hi Everyone
Looking forward to SO4,love the SO series.
Thinking of maybe joining the online league,just a couple of questions.
Do horses entering the league run on an equal footing,by this I mean that if horses entering the league are trained on automatic in easy play mode(therefore always fully fit)get an advantage over manually trained horses in hard play mode that may be slightly below fully fit?
Will there be seperate leagues for flat and jumps?
Merry Christmas to all
Dave

Hi Dave,

Hope you can join us for the league.

To answer your questions
1. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that playing on hard or easy mode has any effect on the horse. Once your bloodlines are good, you'll have the same chance as anyone else.
2. There are advantages and disadvantages for using Auto train and Manual train. It all really depends on how much time you've got on your hands, and how much control you'd like to keep over your horses specific training regimes.
3. At present, there are 3 leagues. A US Flat, a UK & Irish Flat, and UK & Irish National Hunt league. You can join as many of these as you wish, you under no obligation to join all three.

Have a good Christmas.

Colm

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]