View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Novice Hurdles 
Group 1 winner

Post Novice Hurdles
Firstly, I must just say the game is great. Yes, it needs a patch or two to iron out some issues that have been mentioned, but once this is done I think this is the horse racing game that many of us have longed for.

The only real disappointment that I have come across so far is that there is still no novice hurdle system. You can put novice hurdle races into your schedule, but after the first couple of seasons it resorts to only 3/4yo that run in these races, so it's effectively just a juvenile hurdle system again.

On the plus side though, there have been improvements with the novice system - it's great to see some hurdlers stepping up to novice chases, and it's also great to see horses receiving updated ratings from running in novice races.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:06 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Novice Hurdles
panther wrote:
Firstly, I must just say the game is great. Yes, it needs a patch or two to iron out some issues that have been mentioned, but once this is done I think this is the horse racing game that many of us have longed for.

The only real disappointment that I have come across so far is that there is still no novice hurdle system. You can put novice hurdle races into your schedule, but after the first couple of seasons it resorts to only 3/4yo that run in these races, so it's effectively just a juvenile hurdle system again.

That's a little disaapointing but not too bad. Hopefully though, if novice chases are working correctly then maybe it's something that can be patched after all the urgent stuff is out of the way.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:18 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Novice Hurdles
mikeeboy wrote:
panther wrote:

That's a little disaapointing but not too bad. Hopefully though, if novice chases are working correctly then maybe it's something that can be patched after all the urgent stuff is out of the way.

I strongly agree with the above two posts, but after playing for an hour with the new patch, the NH only game is almost a dream come true, iron out a few wrinkles and the game will be the best strategy game ever

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]