View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Instructions, still wrong for jumping! 
Group 1 winner

Post Instructions, still wrong for jumping!
I'm trying to master taking the reins in a jumps race and I'm really struggling. I think I may have figured out why. I commented on this in SO3, it's just a general point that I've noticed having ridden horses.
But...

When a horse is on a short stride, the horse (or jockey) has to make the decision to put in an extra stride/half stride to jump the fence so it will end up too close to the fence.

When a horse is on a long stride the horse (or jockey) has to make the decision to take off early and not put in a short one and so will take off a long distance from the fence.

I just worked out that this is why I'm finding it so confusing. Not a massive point but one I personally would like considered if possible. Other than that I'm really enjoying it. The game is still a challenge if you want it to be and if not, you can work up the rankings pretty quickly.

Thanks Mark!

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]