View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 MAIN GAME DATABASE 
Handicapper

Anything better than default is good so I imagine people would want to use whatever you produce. The more picky people can then edit it to what they prefer.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 pm
Selling plater

Panther you nailed it. Honestly the fact that I can edit the schedule is one of my favorite things. The idea of having a set of files that everyone wants to use is great and all but impossible to do. I think this is kind of Mark's idea in the big scheme of things, i.e. adding new races to the games database as time goes on.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:08 am
Handicapper

Panther you nailed it. Honestly the fact that I can edit the schedule is one of my favorite things. The idea of having a set of files that everyone wants to use is great and all but impossible to do. I think this is kind of Mark's idea in the big scheme of things, i.e. adding new races to the games database as time goes on.

Why is it impossible to do?

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Would you be able to make a schedule for download then that would be able to be put in as if id made up the schedule myself? i thought all the races could be made available for you to use but you would have to go through entering them in the correct day on the schedule edit.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 pm
Selling plater

ataber wrote:

Why is it impossible to do?

Because you can't please everybody and not everybody wants the same thing. I personally could care less if the files match exactly to real life(which is always changing anyways), and if they do I'm still going to edit the files to add the races that I want and set them for the dates that I want.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Would you be able to make a schedule for download then that would be able to be put in as if id made up the schedule myself? i thought all the races could be made available for you to use but you would have to go through entering them in the correct day on the schedule edit.

Personally, I don't plan to make any schedules available for download... certainly not straight away, anyway. I will, however, make showcase files available.

At the moment, I'm still working on my UK flat showcase file - I decided to make one that's as thorough as possible, to give anyone that chooses to download it and try it out as many options as possible when it comes to creating their own individual schedules. Pretty much every significant race from the UK 2009 flat season is in it, complete with 100% accurate prize money and race details. There will be the ability to have full schedules from every major meeting and major raceday of the season, so you could have a full 18-race Chester May Meeting or a 24-race York Ebor meeting, for example, and all the races will be exactly as they were in the 2009 season. Obviously, as this will only be a showcase file, not a schedule, specific dates won't be included (only the month of the race), but to make things a little easier, the order of the races in the file will be the order that they were run in 2009, so for example, the 30 Royal Ascot races will all be shown in the correct 2009 order of running in the file.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Superb panther! I`ll take a look when you are done mate, So4 gonna be great with the ability to do this as well as the other extras!

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:04 pm
Handicapper

hackett wrote:

Personally, I don't plan to make any schedules available for download... certainly not straight away, anyway. I will, however, make showcase files available.

At the moment, I'm still working on my UK flat showcase file - I decided to make one that's as thorough as possible, to give anyone that chooses to download it and try it out as many options as possible when it comes to creating their own individual schedules. Pretty much every significant race from the UK 2009 flat season is in it, complete with 100% accurate prize money and race details. There will be the ability to have full schedules from every major meeting and major raceday of the season, so you could have a full 18-race Chester May Meeting or a 24-race York Ebor meeting, for example, and all the races will be exactly as they were in the 2009 season. Obviously, as this will only be a showcase file, not a schedule, specific dates won't be included (only the month of the race), but to make things a little easier, the order of the races in the file will be the order that they were run in 2009, so for example, the 30 Royal Ascot races will all be shown in the correct 2009 order of running in the file.

Superb stuff Panther. That sounds just what I want :)

I know that must take an enormous amount of work too.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2