View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Any success with showcase creation? 
Handicapper

Post Any success with showcase creation?
Has any one had any success with creating a different schedule to the default one? I know the in-game editor is'nt working, so I used the decrypter to create a new UK flat &jumps schedule, but I keep getting "fatal error - can't match schedule to showcase" message when I start a game! I've checked and double checked but I can't see any errors. :roll:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:54 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Any success with showcase creation?
Legend Of Warren Place wrote:
Has any one had any success with creating a different schedule to the default one? I know the in-game editor is'nt working, so I used the decrypter to create a new UK flat &jumps schedule, but I keep getting "fatal error - can't match schedule to showcase" message when I start a game! I've checked and double checked but I can't see any errors. :roll:

I've used the in-game editor without any problems.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:20 pm
Selling plater

I think what you need to do is go to the schedule file in the data file and delete all the default schedule except the start and end date. If you match the start and end date to the one you want to choose in your schedule. Then you shouldn't have this problem? Worked for me.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:17 pm
Handicapper

Thanks for advice, still can't figure out what i'm doing wrong though, i'll keep playing around with it, and see what happens.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:49 pm
Selling plater

Yeh I know what you mean...took me 2 days of trial to get the showcases right..the problem you're having I think is that the default schedule doesnt recognize the races that you created..therefore if you clear that..and in theory the default will not exist and it will be an empty schedule..then you wont get that message

The advantage of the editor is that it tells you what the error is..so it's easy ti pinpoint.

good luck!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 pm
Handicapper

I used notepad to edit the showcase races for each country, adding my favorites from S03, and added sponsor names etc., I then typed out a new UK flat/jumps schedule from scratch, making sure the race names matched. I then copied and pasted over the originals, does that sound right?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm
Handicapper

I've used notepad and the excell application from SO3 to create a new NH schedule, gonna test it for a few seasons then upload it

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:26 pm
Selling plater

when I try to edit the Combined British showcas I get a fatal error message saying that the showcase can't find the 'END' Marker. Can someone help me please?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:28 pm
Handicapper

I've had that one as well, but the "can't match schedule with showcase" error is more common. It may be something 2 do with the start and end dates for flat & jumps??

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]