View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Out of curousity 
Handicapper

Post Out of curousity
In either SO3 or SO4 has anyone lost a race to the stewards enquiry and has anyone ever been fined or suspended.
As I said I am just curious, it might bring up some funny stories.
Thanks

Bill

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:18 am
Group 1 winner

Never lost a race to the stewards but lost a race in a dodgy photo finish where my horse was 3/4 of a length ahead at the line. Result said I lost by a short head. I was not a happy bunny. Still losing a photo finish you think you've won made it true to life.
Been fined and suspended for asking a jockey to 'take it easy' a couple of times.
In the early days of SO2, I used to think that when Virus appeared in the top right corner, the game was being effected by a virus trying to get onto my PC. Took my a while to figure out what it actually meant. Not my brightest moment.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 am
Selling plater

I lost a 3000m Allowance race in SO4 , my horse caused "interference" and was disqualified to last place :( , after 3000m , it was a tough one to lose...v 8)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I have been fined numerous times, the stewards words were "..for the apparent improved form of my horse blah blah.." a few grand it was and also a ban, longest ban was 90 something days. I was gutted because I had some super horses entered into Group 1 races that were immediately pulled out. The annoying thing is that some of the horses that got me fined/suspended were top horses that had lost their way a little and had just come back onto a track, going and distance that suited.
Don't ask about photo finishes, look at the one I posted here:

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2351

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:58 am
Handicapper

yes same here i been fined a few times for horse improvement never suspended though, the fine is normally a few grand nothing to harsh.

And as for the photo finishes i find that you get the odd dodgy photo by spacebaring to the end of race if you let it run its cause its normally spot on from my experience.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:02 am
Group 1 winner

yes same here i been fined a few times for horse improvement never suspended though, the fine is normally a few grand nothing to harsh.

And as for the photo finishes i find that you get the odd dodgy photo by spacebaring to the end of race if you let it run its cause its normally spot on from my experience.

The one that I posted above is from letting the race run it's natural course. I did right click on my horse at the time which ran it's usual poor race, but the 2 leaders were so far ahead that when the camera started catching them up there were already over the line and the commentator called a photo finish.
I think it's hilarious, the game wouldn't be the same without these classic photo finishes. :lol:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:08 am
Group 1 winner

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

i got fined over £19000 and banned for two years because i took the reins and cut across 3 horses but in the end has i went in to third place i clipped heels with the second place horse and fell lol

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 am
Group 1 winner

Jesus 2 years????? I have never even been fined even tho a few horses i have said Hands and heels only

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 am
Group 1 winner

2 years. Is this true? I didnt think you could. Quality if you did. Bet you didnt accept the fine.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]