View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 NH courses 
Group 1 winner

Post NH courses
I've just noticed that Newton Abbot doesn't seem to get used, unless you add a feature race there. During a test game of mine, it appeared on the racecourses page, but with no course records recorded, and it doesn't appear anywhere in the diary.

Also, Lingfield only seems to have a chase course, no hurdles.

And just out of curiosity, in the UK courses portrait folder I see there are photos for Bangor, Fakenham, Taunton and Towcester, yet these NH courses don't appear in the game? Were they just considered at one point, but didn't make the final cut? I know it's possible to add new courses by "cloning" (at least, that's the way I do it!), but just curious anyway!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:46 am
Handicapper

Great find panther, now tell me how can we clone courses as i'd love to add these to my game

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Using the addition of Deauville as an example, this is how I would add a new course:

1. Find an existing course in the game that most closely matches Deauville.
2. Use the decrypter to add the details to the French courses dat file. The details must be the same as the details of the course you are cloning, with only the name changed to Deauville.
3. Copy the track diagram of the course you are cloning, rename it "4" (in the case of Deauville, as there are already 3 French courses in the game), and paste it into gfx/race/tracks5 (it would obviously be a different number and folder if you were adding a course to a different country).
4. Copy the text document from the wp file that corresponds to the course you are cloning, rename it "4" and paste it into the French wp file (again, the number and file will obviously differ for adding courses to other countries).

And that should be you ready to go. Please note, added courses will not appear in the normal schedule - they will only appear in the game when you add a feature race at the new course.

Also, please remember to back-up original game files before making changes, in case you want to go back.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]