View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Condition bar 
Selling plater

Post Condition bar
I have been playing SO4 which is great but i don't understand what the condition bar is about could someone please tell me?! I hve bought the breeding facilities but my stallion is not retiring to stud!?

Cheers

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Have you click the 'Retire to stud' button inside the horses profile?

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:35 pm
Selling plater

Boothy, your stallion isn't called George Washington by any chance?

On the condition bar, i'm not sure that the red part is working properly. It seems to be full for season 1, but to remain stuck at about 90% in subsequent seasons. The green part is more important though; I never race my horses unless the green bar is more or less full; click the 'paddock' option at the races to see how your horse's fitness compares with the state of the green bar.

After racing, the green bar will drop and the length of time that it takes to return to the top depends on the distance your horse has run, (sprinters recover more quickly than stayers), and also upon the individual horse's recovery rate, (some horse's recover more quickly than others). On the jumps, horses take a very long time .indeed to recover and you will also find that even if they fall at the first, the effect on the green bar is the same as if they had run the whole race.

You can also check with your head lad if you're not sure about a horse's fitness to race: trainer screen, then the little box on the furthest right adjacent to the horses name. Hope this helps

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:00 pm
Handicapper

On the jumps, horses take a very long time .indeed to recover and you will also find that even if they fall at the first, the effect on the green bar is the same as if they had run the whole race.

Yes, surely this should be classed as a bug. If a horse falls at the first, then injury maybe, even a drop in jumping confidence, but it shouldn't affect condition. Also, does anyone think the recovery from jumps races is just a bit too long?

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 pm
Selling plater

Fortunatley my stallion is still alive but he wont go to the stud! Thanks aot for your help people :D

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]