View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 head lad comments that you never saw in SO3 
Handicapper

Post head lad comments that you never saw in SO3
i've noticed some new head lad comments lately that i didnt see in so3

such as "this horse likes to make the running and will sulk when taken on by other horses"

has anyone else had any different comments?

Last edited by little saltee on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:29 am
Group 1 winner

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

" Restrained early. Fair Play I had to give the other runner a nudge to get out. Sorry"
This happened when my horse barged through the pack and won by 1/4 L, only to be disqualified. :cry:

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:01 pm
Selling plater

Not a head lad comment in my case, but it sounds as if you may have had your first 'dominator', an new innovation is this version I think.

My example; a horse who wins the Chester Vase by 3 1/2 lengths; on reflection he was given a 'soft lead' in that race and led unchallenged throughout. Anyway, he went on to run rather disappointingly in the Epsom & irish Derbies & in the Leger, (about 5-9 lengths below his best on a line through the horse he beat into 3rd at Chester.

After the Leger, Fallon finally gets around to telling me that the horse is a dominator and that we were unable to get a proper lead. Unfortunately, I lost the game soon after, so wasn't able to experiment with strategies to get the best out of him; running him in small fields would be the obvious one I suppose?

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:43 pm
Selling plater

Yes, i had the same advice given on a decent novice over the jumps. Its preferred distance was 2m 4f. I decided to train the horse on stamina and up the distance it ran at so that it could get an easy lead. This horse was very succesful between 2m 5f and 3m 1f winning multiple grade 1's. I entered it in the Gold Cup and watched it run like Crisp in the '73' National......heartbreaking!

This horse has probably been my favourite since starting on SO4.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:58 pm
Handicapper

Had jockey feedback stating the horse didn't like the left handed track, I've never seen that before - problem is it wasn't any good over a right handed track either!!!

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Had jockey feedback stating the horse didn't like the left handed track, I've never seen that before - problem is it wasn't any good over a right handed track either!!!

Sounds like you have one of my donkeys in your game CrazyBoy. :lol:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]