View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Hell He Didn't You Muppet! 
Group 1 winner

Post The Hell He Didn't You Muppet!
First off, cudos to Mark on a massively improved race sequence. However, the jockeys are driving me loopy. It's like Jamie Spencer had a love child with Richard Hills, then thought "that's a good idea" and had a whole bunch more. They actually seem to look for trouble, then BRILLIANTLY get the horse stuck in the one position Houdini himself would have trouble escaping from.
And then....
If a straw was needed to break the camels back, then the straw that just broke mine was in the hands of Vanessa Phelps.

While she was giving Chris Moyles a piggyback.

A straight mile C2 handicap, 6 runners, and me, I was running a horse successful over the trip multiple times before, well in, with a prep in the bag.
With my stable jockey not at the meeting, I went with the safe hands of R Moore.
Despite asking him to perform a hold up ride(might as well of asked him to rap Killing Me Softly with a jazz twist seen as it doesn't make a blind bit of dif anyway), my horse led the main group in behind a lone sole, cutting out the running. Motionless for the first 5 and bit furlongs, Moore cruised up to within 1/2 a length as they hit the 2 pole. Still motionless by the way, with the leader now scrubbed along, he closed to within a nose. The race at his mercy. Couple of challengers came out the pack with short lived efforts, nothing to worry about. 1 furlong to go; Still a nose down, still motionless, then 1/2 a furlong left, then a stride, then all over. Still motionless and still a nose down we had crossed the line and lost in a photo finish. Which quite impressively by the way, didn't actually contain ANY HORSES!! To quote Yoda, 'fuming I was!!'
Then to cap it freaking all, like a slap in the face after you've been kicked in the balls, the wise words of Mr Moore.....

The horse didn't appear to STAY!!!

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:32 pm
Selling plater

Very very funny DB, not for you obviously but!!

Quote:
To quote Yoda, 'fuming I was!!'

Brilliant!!

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:35 pm
Group 1 winner

classic mate thats brillent i havent laughed as much in ages didnt apear to stay when he never touched him ha ha if it didnt make you laugh you would cry

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I can relate completely to this post, as i often get simular situations. If my horses were humans, most of them would be cobblers or blacksmiths, as the majority spend most of their time inspecting the shoes of all the other horses...

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:12 pm
Selling plater

I've seen this many times, and it inexcusable. You've won 5 groups one's from the front and then some stupid jockey, who's ridden the horse every time, holds the horse up and ends up tailed off. He then says the horse struggled in this grade, which he has won in five times. This ruins the game, along with bad sales and the general poor distance flexibility, as well as the poor use of sellers, claimer and novice races.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:02 pm
Handicapper

Tops, I couldn't stop laughing. I must say though DB, the idea of Frank having a love child with 'c0ck it up' Hills will give me nightmares for life.

Last edited by Stephen D on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:13 pm
Group 1 winner

think yourself lucky l wish l could load the game never mind getting a bad ride lol

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:13 pm
Group 3 winner

I wished my horses could get in such a position in the first place.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:01 pm
Group 1 winner

think yourself lucky l wish l could load the game never mind getting a bad ride lol

You still got issues Mike, what you done now! lol

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]