View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Newbie desperately needing help w/ training? 
Selling plater

Post Newbie desperately needing help w/ training?
Ok, So I realize I have a mile to learn to get a handle on SO4, with this being my first time playing Starters Orders. I enjoy the challenge, but I am having an extremely difficult time figuring out how to properly train my horses? I've tried the simple training mode, but that's to bland and boring. I find myself having a hard time keeping my horses fresh to last the entire year, ususally by March most of my horses are done for the year and have only raced 3 times or so.

I'm not asking for all the secrets, as I love the challenge of getting a horse at peak FITNESS and CONDITION in time for a race, but a few basic guidelines for me to follow would be extremely helpful

1. How often do you train your horses in between races?
2. How often do you train at 'moderate' or 'intense' training?
3. How much rest do you give them? Do you rest them for long periods where there race readiness drops from green?

I'm having the biggest problems figuring out when and at what level to train my horses. I've read the instruction manual but I am still struggling, and think I may be training to frequently and vigourously which lead my horses to be done for the year sooner. Any help from you guys in this regard will be much appreciated. I can already feel the addiction of this game getting to me.. hehe :)

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:43 pm
Handicapper

First month - Stalls and Agility training, lot 1, gallop over 6f with G1 stallion every week for a month.
Next 3 months - Speed, Lot 3, find a 6f race and go easy instructions.
Next 3 months - Stamina, Lot 3, find a 1f race and go easy instructions.
Last month - Lot 1 for recovery

Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]