View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Taking the reigns problem 
Selling plater

Post Taking the reigns problem
Having a problem when taking the reigns. It will only let me streer in the direction of the centre of the course, ie left when going anti clockwise and right when going clockwise.

Obviously this is causing a lot of problems, should I be drawn on the inside I have to either have to bomb off down the inside and not let anybody get the rail as I can't pass them again or accept that I can not win the race as I can not get round the horses that inevitably take to the rail. I don't know whether this is a known bug, or a problem at my end so any advice would be appreciated as it is causing me a lot of problems and I'm having to race pretty much every race from the front otherwise I can't negotiate the traffic as I can only steer one way! :cry:

Also, I can't set any tactics before the race, ie moving the speed bar up or down before the race begins..

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:20 am
Group 1 winner

With the attempt to not sound too pernickety but you may get more replies to this in the Technical Support board.

If you're on the Arcade mode of Jockey control which I think is the automatic setting you use the keys. Up and down for right or left (dependant on which way around the course goes) and left and right for slow down or speed up. At the start of the race press left or right to speed up or slow down the horse at the start.

If you're on the original mode which was the one used in other SO games the you use the mouse to control speed and direction.

It could be that you've switched controls or it could be a fault in which case post in the Technical Support board. I've recently posted about the jockey controls not being great in there too.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]