View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 At the end of the National 
Selling plater

Post At the end of the National
Not having played SO3, I'm still struggling to come to terms with the finer points of the jumps. Some of the horses are a bit distance specific ain't they?

Example: this season my 10-yr-old gelding managed third place. After a rather exciting finish, my stable jockey, (the otherwise excellent S. Quinlan), has this to say:

"Restrained early, which suited; try a furlong shorter next time"

Sigh.

OK Sean.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:37 pm
Handicapper

I think sometimes you just have to accept that the AI won't quite be up to human interpretation lol.

I admit I would like to see a variety of comments, maybe in this case something like "Considering that was further than ideal, he ran a blinder"

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:42 pm
Selling plater

It wasn't so much the jockey comment, it was more the idea that the game contains at least one horse whose precise requirements are for 4m3f. It would be more reasonable to expect that it might be equally good at,say, 4m2f or 4m4f.

Anyway, I did look for a suitable 4m3f race for it, but there aren't too many to choose from, so I decided on 2m4f instead. A few pounds off might make all the difference in next year's National after all.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]