View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Training 
Selling plater

Post Training
Is it just me or has the training of horses become more simplistic in SO4? Where is the colour bar that you could set to either green, amber or red in SO3 to set a horse's training regime?

Everytime I click 'skip next' in SO4 the horse ends up in 'green' (i.e. perfect) shape on the day of the race. Sort of removes the element of training the horses (which should be fundamental to the game).

To be honest I thought even SO3 was a regression on the training aspect from SO2 given that, even though the incorporation of gallops was welcome, it didn't seem to have that great an impact on the fitness of the horse (certainly not as much as one session in the 'red' fitness).

The ideal situation would be to increase the amount gallops effect the fitness of the horse whilst reinstating if possible the detail of SO2 (where you could even decide on the number of cantors in lot 2).

Either I'm missing something, or this absolutely has to be adressed surely...

edit: see someone elsewhere mention 'auto-training' ~ where do you swithc auto-train on/off. Can't see it anywhere in the game. Cheers.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:39 pm
Handicapper

the training options are still there - are you on automatic training/

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Group 1 winner

When you start a new game, you get a selection box saying simple training, untick it and you get more effect from your training set up but I'm finding it unfortunately as you say, not nearly to the degree of SO2 and a bit too easy.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:12 pm
Selling plater

Have had all the SO series to date and always use manual training,
but I seem to be the opposite of what has been said here.I worked out a good pattern in the last games for bringing horses to fitness,can't get it right for SO4 though.I get the horse nearly fully fit but on many occasions when I set it to green to get fully fit it doesn't change the fitness for ages,once a full 8 days before it went to fully fit,too late for intended race(pulled horse from race,left it on green to see how long it would take to move).Other times I get it to full fitness 3 days before racing,then fitness drops before racing,therefore unfit on race days.It is going to be more difficult when the horse declaration issue is fixed by Mark.
Dave :(

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]