View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Horse's Settling 
Selling plater

Post Horse's Settling
Hi guys just wondering if any1 had any advice for horses settlign. I have the males already gelded but after every run nearly there still not settling even after i've tried with all 3 headgears.

Any Advice welcome, cheers

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Having similar problems with horses that refuse to settle. Gelding or pacifiers seem to have no effect. Trying to make more use of the horse doesn't seem to work as the horse isn't suited to that run style and still refuses to settle in both slowly run races and in races set at a good gallop. Seems to be no cure.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:09 pm
Handicapper

Having similar problems with horses that refuse to settle. Gelding or pacifiers seem to have no effect. Trying to make more use of the horse doesn't seem to work as the horse isn't suited to that run style and still refuses to settle in both slowly run races and in races set at a good gallop. Seems to be no cure.

Once gelded, try em without pacifiers, that normally does the trick for me

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:36 pm
Group 1 winner

I've noticed there are LOADS of horses that don't settle. Even after gelding. To be perfectly honest almost all of my current stallions apparently need gelding and I don't want to do this or I won't have any good breeding stock. Maybe I've just been unlucky and got a load of horses that won't settle or maybe it is something that is more common in SO4 for one reason or another...

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm
Selling plater

ive tried the head gear after gelding, its still not working. the thing is they tend to be placed or challenging to win in group races so dont really wanna get rid of them

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 pm
Handicapper

I too have seen an abnormally high number of horses that won'y settle. I'm hoping it's soemthing that has been introduced to the NH part of the game to make it more realistic.

That is that most horses will need to be gelded so that they settle to make it more realistic.

Just not quite working correctly.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

to be honest l use blinkers and that really helps but never Geld just incase he turns into somethink special

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:25 pm
Selling plater

Im the same as Mwesty. I never geld unless there going jumping as they could be good to breed from. I just accept they can't settle if the pacifiers dont work, in real life this can be the case. I believe Cloudy Lane is one of these horses. Although if its appearing too often in the game then it could need tweaking.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:34 pm
Handicapper

Maybe you need to hire the race starter person.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:09 pm
Selling plater

Seems with some of them doesn't matter what combination of things you try, just a trait of the horse. Others can be fixed by headgear or as a last result gelding. There does seem to be quite a few horses with settling issues though.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:11 pm
Selling plater

Seems to me that most horses have personalities disorders, according to this game. I think there are a few too many horses that have disposition issues.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree I've just finished my first season in a combined flat and jumps game. I don't think I have a horse which has settled well. I think all the jockeys have said 'the horse didn't settle' and I think the head lad has said that all my male horses except for the ones I've already taken the head lad's advice on need gelding. I think this could be an issue with the game. But who knows, I'm probably wrong!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]