View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Newbie needs help 
Selling plater

Post Newbie needs help
Hi everyone,

I used to play this game when it was Starters Orders 2 and was just flat racing.

I'm confused now how to approach the game now that is has jumps.

My question is:

If I do a jumps season I notice u can run horses immediately at the age of 2. Are u supposed to run them on the flat though or over hurdles until a certain age, 6 for example, which is like real life, before trying them over fences, or should I just run them over fences from 2 years old upwards?

Thanks,

Chris.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:52 pm
Handicapper

No races for horses below 3 over obsticles, you can approach jumping in any way you wish, i would advise either early three yr olds national hunt flat races or if they want a trip (2m4+ for me) then i would send them novice hurdling to get a grip of how good they are, some horses will be good dual purpose horses (flat and jumping) it is totally up to you to find the way that suits you really, i have a horse who won the irish st leger i sent him hurdling and he won the champion hurdle at cheltenham. So whatever suits really mate.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:26 pm
Handicapper

Also check the head lads report for jumping & agility, if it's good for both then the earlier you send them chasing the better, if it's average or poor then stick to hurdles.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:30 pm
Selling plater

I'll give it a go tonight!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]