View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Manual Training---normal mode 
Selling plater

Post Manual Training---normal mode
Have asked this question a number of times,would appreciate some advice.
Have bought and played all SO games,enjoyed them all,have managed in all the others to work out a satisfactory training schedule,cannot seem to get it right for SO4.Cannot get horses to peak fitness at the right time,they seem to peak much later and for a shorter period in SO4,therefore I end up having to withdraw horses or run them below peak.Also if I enter a horse well in advance of it's next race it sometimes(quite a lot) doesn't even get anywhere near fitness at all.Loads of players say that they find the game a bit easy but I suspect that most use auto train(unrealistic for me),is anyone else having a training problem,or is it just me.Declaration problem still wants sorting also.
Dave :oops:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 pm
Selling plater

okay, what i do which seems to work is...... Click on the orange bar about two or three (depending on how fit your horse is) Thursday's before your horse is due to race. On the saturday before your horse is due to race change to red. I hope i have explained it well enough, not good at explaiing myself!!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for replying,will try what you say.
I do bring the orange bar near to the top before putting it on red,but if I switch to red too early the fitness actually drops.In SO3 i used to get it to about half an inch of the top and switch to red about 3 days before and it worked very well.I tried this with SO4 and at times the bar would stay below maximum, sometimes for another several days or even longer.
Would you switch to red on the saturday before, if your horse was not racing until the friday after?,I find that if you leave it on red for more than 3 days the fitness drops again,do you get this also?
thanks Dave :D

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:18 pm
Selling plater

Yes, unless you have a race on a sunday, it is very hard to get your horse to peak fitness.

On the friday issue, i would put it on red the saturday before, plus i give a thursday orange as well before the race.

As long as my horses are pretty close to the top on both fitness and condition bars, i consider that as pretty much full fitness.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:07 pm
Selling plater

Taken your advice and it seems to be working well,maybe I will now get somewhere with the game,thanks again
Dave

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:19 pm
Handicapper

i know they used to have allocated days for different types of training in the other games, but is there evidence of this for S04?x

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm
Handicapper

I tend to have my horses on blue until I book them a race (usually 3-4 weeks ahead), once booked I then change to orange. With exactly 10 days to go I change the training schedule to red. This very rarely fails to get my horses condition to green for the race

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]