View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Good horses 
Selling plater

Post Good horses
Hello all

Is it luck at the start whether you get good horses or not or is there a price range at the auction which is best??? Another question.....Do you only retire your good horses to stud?

Cheers

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Group 1 winner

The two horses you get at the start IMO are always rubbish. From my experience it is luck like real life. You never know what you are buying. Expensive horses can be good horses. I have never bought a cheap group one winner but other people have.

The second question is difficult to answer. I play the game with the league in mind so I ONLY RETIRE good Race Builder horses. You can breed what ever you want. Again there is an element of luck to this. You never know what you have bred which is what I love most about the game. Finding the ability of your horse.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:03 am
Selling plater

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 am
Group 1 winner

No probs. Any questions dont hesitate to ask. :D

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 am
Handicapper

Post Good horses
As always, Jason is right :)

There is a big difference between game horses and league horses - a league superstar may not stand out in the game and vice versa. That doesn't mean that there isn't satisfaction from a game champion - it simply depends on what your objectives are.

As Jason says, breeding is never straightforward - as in real life - and it can take many seasons to develop top lines which for me is the attraction of the game. My first game had some good early horses including a top class horse in the stable from day 1 ... however, the new game post patch 2 has been more challenging.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:03 am
Group 1 winner

Good to hear from you Dodgy. I bet you are not snowed in like most of us :lol:

For anyone finding the game to easy you should play for the league. You will be addicted straight from the off. Not just the racing but the community is awesome.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:47 am
Selling plater

Aren't the league horses normally horses unbeaten or exceptionally in the normal game??

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:58 pm
Group 1 winner

No. League horses are horses that perform well in the race builder. You could have a game horse that has won 20 plus group ones in the game but in the race builders it useless. Game horses & race builder horses are different in terms of ability.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]