View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Genral praise and rant from a newbie... 
Selling plater

Post Genral praise and rant from a newbie...
Hello All, New to the forum. Just got SO4, had SO3 last year and have had a few racing games over the years.

First - to those who wrote the game- Great work! Has always strcuk me that this genre of game does only tend to appeal to a niche market and so funding is likley to be limited and input always somewhat a passion! Like it.

I caught a glimpse of a post earlier about getting real bookies sponspors etc involved- good idea. They have their own virtual racing (are people really that daft to bet on it?!) so why not go one further get us training our own online gems and race them online and get people to bet! How long ago was it that online poke seemed a bit silly?

Perhaps when you consider a sport that tends to put on a show most days of the year is it really a niche ? or just something that nobody has ever really marketed?! Imagine the reuslt of a budget and marketing the likes of COD plus interaction and a bit of gambling thrown in!

So far lets face it you have to google 'horse racing games' to find these things. A little PR free demo hand out at racecourses could be a good start.... has anyone ever approached one of the big book makers i wonder.

Overall two thumbs up from me especially for £20!

Ok, so the random game crash on saving does frustrate me! You can be forgiven anything glich wise in a game as you come to learn to deal with it but to lose your hours of gmaing pleasure and hard work when saving...arghhhh!!!!!! Please fix this- just downloaded patch so fingers crossed!

Does seem from posts and my limited experiace of SO4 that horse ability in new games is random- bad- I think not part of the challenge and luck of the game- sometimes not so different in reality ! we've all seen the million dollar flops and the couple of grand gems, its part of the attraction of the sport.

Keep up the good work to those involved and to to you fellow gamers, I may see you online with my world beaters before long....

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Selling plater

love the Man u 0-1 Leeds :)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:54 pm
Group 1 winner

A game I will NEVER FORGET. I am still buzzing now and will be for a long time. It was brilliant. Call me Jay mate 8)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Selling plater

I'm not a Leeds fan but I hate United so it was such a joy to see Beckford scoring :)

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:05 am
Group 1 winner

Being a Leeds fan I really HATE THEM. I always support the oppostion though. Think City will beat them aswell.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 am
Selling plater

I agree with you about Man City....United have no fit defenders and Huszack is not a great keeper. The bookies may have this one right installing City as favs.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:14 am
Group 1 winner

hi jason i'm a newcastle fan just seen that beckford has put in transfer request i think he is on his way to st james park he is quality what are your feelings on loosing beckford big loss i'd say

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I totally agree...I hate Man United, and I was ecstatic about Leeds winning them. :D

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 am
Group 1 winner

Beckford will definitely join Newcastle. No doubt. He is only doing it the to play in the Premiership. Joining Newcastle is a ticket to the Premiership.

I am not happy about it but we will move on as we always do when a top player leaves. He is NOT a Premiership play in my eyes. He would be a quality Championship player though. Leeds will be in the Championship next year anyway. He should show some loyalty and stay with us. Leeds are a MASSIVE club. Things like this annoy me in Football but Grayson is a tactical genius. I love the fact he is a Leeds fan. He will won't leave when others come knocking.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:33 am
Group 1 winner

Leeds were class against united brilliant display and united got what they deserved what would a Newcastle/Leeds double pay for winning the championships I wish Leeds the best its madness that they in league one if beckford was 20 or 21 I would be excited about us getting him but at 26 will he be good enough say in a couple of seasons in the premiership I think he could be a white elephant

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Leeds/Newcastle double now would pay peanuts.

Cheers mate. I hope we return sooner rather than later. We have been away too long. You as a Newcastle fun must be chuffed. You will definitely go up. Bouncing back straight away is very good. The Championship is one of the toughest leagues to get out of if not the toughest. There are too many competitive teams.

Plenty of goals left in Beckford yet mate. He might play until he is 34 maybe peaking in his 30's. If you do get him. He wont get a game in the Premiership. Not many. I would be suprised. He would for someone like Hull, Bolton, Wolves, Birmingham.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 am
Group 1 winner

yes i'm delighted i was dreading this season thought there
was going to be players leaving daily but thankfully we have kept hold of them

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]