View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 SO4 lacking :( 
Handicapper

Post SO4 lacking :(
I'm finding although this edition see quite a few improvements by way of graphics as well as several other what should be neat cosmetic additions to the game, I'm finding it severely lacking with regards to the addictiveness and playability that the other previous games of the series had.

I quickly become extremely bored of the game after around 4-6 seasons the game seems to lack any real depth or valid progress that actually makes you want to play and achieve anything within the game.

There is no challenge, no excitement at all with the running of the horses they seem to lack any feel or add any emotion to the game and for me the results are or seem clearly predetermined before the off and the race sequence adds to that feel, all in all the whole game although has many neat little cosmetic addition has severely lost its attractiveness as a long lasting game, all it does for me is pass a quick 20mins-30mins then its the same old dross over and over, I'm a little gutted by it as i loved SO3 and SO2 before that and had huge expectations for this new addition.

Don't get me wrong i think that Mark does a wonderful job but i feel the game is losing its appeal as a lot of the feel (well for me at least) has been lost at the expense of these little additions

Anyway I'm sure this will possible stir up a bit of a hornets nest with those of you that are hardcore about the game and Mark but hell its my 2 cents and wondered if anyone else feels in the slightest the same about SO4.

Please before you reply this is just a opinion of mine I'm not slagging Mark off I'm just a little disappointed after such huge expectation with the way the feel of the game has gone for me, After all i want the game to be a huge success and really admire what Mark has achieved with the series so far, and also just want SO4 to be just as great as the previous titles have been.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 am
Group 1 winner

well i love the game and i think its beter than so3

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I thought that in the latest patch that the jockey mode had been improved in the closing stages. I don't know if this is the case because the game needs more patching done to it and I just can't be bothered to play it at the moment, still enjoying SO3.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:47 am
Handicapper

Cosmetically the game is better looking and the little addition to minor details like lineage of breeding and little touches yes i agree, but game play wise and general feel of the game play i find it lacking any real emotion or desire to want to play past 4-6 seasons it just lacks any real punch.

But all to there opinions.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

I thought the same recently but to be honest I havent played because it wasn't playable. Now the patches have been released I will be on it.

You should try the league. Alot of members play the game for the league. Thats where the real competition is.

If you play for fun though then fair enough. It only took 10 seasons in SO3 to dominate so 4 seasons difference isn't much.

Let me ask you one thing. What exactly did you do differently in SO3 or what you enjoyed more with SO3?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 am
Group 1 winner

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I think it's too early to pass judgement, I love the improvements to the graphics, and some of the graphic mods have enhanced this even more. I have'nt played the game properly yet, because i've been working on the schedules, but I don't like the way the races play out, horses moving backwards and forwards like they are on rails, the way jockeys ride a finish etc., particularly on the jumps side. SO3 was much more realistic tbh. I still think there are a lot more patches to come, and we can't decide until then. :lol:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 am
Handicapper

Essentially it's the same game. The routine you have to play doesn't change. So any boredom you have I guess is from familiarity rather than defieciencies in the game. After the game has been fixed and patched I'm pretty certain it will be a better game than SO3.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:53 pm
Group 1 winner

It will definitely be better than SO4 IMO.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:29 pm
I've been playing the game on and off here and there trying to fix the pics but today I played the game for a while and I was rather impressed, I had a 2 year old filly come from last with 400m to go to win her 1200m race, but I have to say, if mark can get those jockeys to get a wee bit busy at the end of the race plus the photo finish fix in the next two patches, that will make the game complete for me.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]