View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 An Idea for SO5 Mark, What do you think? 

YES I agree or NO I disagree
YES: 76%  76%  [ 22 ]
NO: 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 29

An Idea for SO5 Mark, What do you think? 
Post An Idea for SO5 Mark, What do you think?
It's just an idea mark hopefuly you would like it,
I say you should hand pick 1 or two gamers from every country the game is covering to help you with any future SO game releases, I am sure that there is many good guys on here that can test the game before the release for example guys like "the Duke, Jayson, Ryan Jenko, Flumpet, Dancing Brave and Daveyboy" only can name a few I'm sure there are many good guys out there that have horse racing knowledge to offer, and in return, they get each game release for free, and also from SO5 on, the game should go up to 30 pounds or what ever you see fit to charge for it, that way your covered, the player knows their getting a clean game on release, and maybe one or two patches, I am sure that most people would be happy with that,

What do you think, have your say,

A YES Vote, would be that we should go down that road from the next release onwards.

A NO Vote, means that you disagree with the Idea but please state why that you would disagree with it.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:09 am
Group 1 winner

The game needs to be thoroughly tested before it is released, and although a small team of people who are put together to do this might not catch every bug in the game, it'd iron out most of the major issues I'd suggest.

I offered to beta test SO4 before it was released, and once again I'll offer my services to SO5 if Mark needs them, and I wouldn't mind paying for the game either once it is released.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I second what Jamie says. Thanks JC. I would still want to pay for the game though. 8)

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:50 am
Selling plater

What about Mark releasing SO5 initially as a beta version, and whoever buys it (knowing it’s a beta version) can help with the testing by picking up on possible bugs and bringing them to Mark’s attention in the forum, as is usually done.

This way no one can complain if it has bugs because they knew in advance it was a beta version and they were buying it early with the intention of assisting in development. Once most of the bugs have been ironed out with patches Mark can then offer S05 as a stable release. Perhaps for a few pounds more than the price of the beta version.

This should solve the problem of people complaining, as is usually the case in the first few weeks after initial release.

Any thoughts?

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 am
Group 1 winner

I do agree with this as it would make it better for everyone, BUT and its a big BUT........We have to remember this is Marks own game and creation and you got to think what if he dont want people getting involved and helping. Although l do agree with the poll l dont think we should kind of pressure Mark into getting people involved. Obvoiusly he hasnt accepted offers of help before now and maybe thatsfor a reason. It is his creation and maybe he just wants it and likes it like that??

Mike

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 am
What about Mark releasing SO5 initially as a beta version, and whoever buys it (knowing it’s a beta version) can help with the testing by picking up on possible bugs and bringing them to Mark’s attention in the forum, as is usually done.

This way no one can complain if it has bugs because they knew in advance it was a beta version and they were buying it early with the intention of assisting in development. Once most of the bugs have been ironed out with patches Mark can then offer S05 as a stable release. Perhaps for a few pounds more than the price of the beta version.

This should solve the problem of people complaining, as is usually the case in the first few weeks after initial release.

Any thoughts?

That's what we have at present togjuice, there are people like me that are not to good with computers but they do know how to use them, and they don't want to be bothered with beta versions, they just want to buy the game and play it, I am sure that you know about computers and a beta version would be great for you, even if mark charged us more for the game to pay these guys, I wouldn't hesitate, I'd pay it, wouldn't you?

Last edited by JC Night on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:14 pm
I do agree with this as it would make it better for everyone, BUT and its a big BUT........We have to remember this is Marks own game and creation and you got to think what if he dont want people getting involved and helping. Although l do agree with the poll l dont think we should kind of pressure Mark into getting people involved. Obvoiusly he hasnt accepted offers of help before now and maybe thatsfor a reason. It is his creation and maybe he just wants it and likes it like that??

Mike

yep, your right westy, at the end of the day it's all up to mark, but, some of these people that I mentioned are good, They do know their racing handicap and their good at discovering problems when it comes to Starters Orders, but yes of course it has to be up to mark at the end of the day like I said earlier

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Totally agree with you JC I am good at knowing what doesn't work by thorough checking but repairing it is a different matter. I also don't know as much about racing as a lot of guys/girls on here.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 pm
I know what you mean exxplozion, I love playing the game but when it comes to all that data I get totally lost

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:08 pm
Selling plater

That's what we have at present togjuice, there are people like me that are not to good with computers but they do know how to use them, and they don't want to be bothered with beta versions, they just want to buy the game and play it, I am sure that you know about computers and a beta version would be great for you, even if mark charged us more for the game to pay these guys, I wouldn't hesitate, I'd pay it, wouldn't you?

I think you’ve completely misunderstood what I was trying to say JC, so I’ll try to elaborate for you:

Here’s what usually happens: Mark has a release date, and on that date we all buy the software. Then, for a few weeks after, people playing the game post their problems in the forum and Mark duly works on patches to solve the bugs/errors that are discovered. For many of us this is completely fine, but there are a few people (perhaps too many) that complain bitterly about the fact that the game has been released when it contains errors. To them, it is completely unacceptable and quite a few are often unnecessarily dismissive of Mark’s tireless efforts, as I’m sure you’ll have seen.

In order to solve the problem of people complaining, I was suggesting that Mark propose a release date and then make the game available on that day - but as a beta (i.e. the full game made available to those who know in advance that they’ll be helping with the testing of the game, so that any malfunctions found in the software can be reported to Mark and fixed before its official release). (By the way, in response to your objection, you don't need to know everything about computers in order to to bring to Mark's attention that, for example, a certain race should be for fillies only).

Once all the problems are ironed out (perhaps a few weeks later) Mark could release the game officially for everyone.

So, for those of us that are keen to get our hands on the new game early, knowing that by doing so we’d be helping with the testing, we could choose to buy it when it’s released as a beta. And for those who’d prefer to wait for the official release date (when the bugs are fixed) they could choose to buy it then. It’ll be a matter of choice.

Hope I’ve managed to explain it a little easier.

All the best.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:32 pm
Oh ok I getcha togjuice, sorry I misunderstood what you said before, well I suppose your idea could work too, you see I wouldn't know much about UK racing or the handycaps but your right you might be one of the people mark can pick I suppose. sorry about the misunderstanding mate

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Handicapper

quite shocked that you mentioned my name there lol but would be happy to test.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:57 pm
Selling plater

Yes, definitely think that 30 or 40 quid for a release that has less problems and is more realistic would be good value. The more testing before release, the better.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:20 pm
Handicapper

30/40 pounds is a release for a game box and with to many improvement like online mod and much more, well i'm not disregarding the developer or the game quality.
But i think the game isn't good enough and doesn't have the necessary improvement to have the price like Football Manager and much others, for it it's necessary to be official trademarks, courses and other stuff.
I bought this game for the lower price and because is unique, is better to be a low price and sell it to many people than to increase the price and see half the people stop buying.
As an independent company and not really known as SI, SEGA increasing the price the could be the start to be a SI, etc.. and the problems with crackers could appear.

Well it's just my opinion...

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:52 pm
Handicapper

Great idea mate. I work as a beta tester for one of the major PC games and the ideas the beta testers throw up would definitely be off benefit I reckon.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next