View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Racing the wrong way and jockeys 
Handicapper

Post Racing the wrong way and jockeys
Just had a couple of questions that I wondered if anyone here might be able to answer:

1.) Do the horses favour clockwise or anti-clockwise tracks? or is their performance the same over both

2.) Does the jockey if he rides the horse well develop a raport with the horse and so will ride him better than other jockeys in future?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:34 am
Selling plater

1. I had a jockey tell me that my horse was not suited going left handed, It's next race was at Cheltenham in the Gold Cup which it won by 5 lengths. This horse had run well over 15 races and i checked back through its past form and found no other mention of a dislike of going left handed.

2. I have no experience or have seen any particular rapport between horse and jockey reported.

Hope that helps

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:02 am
Handicapper

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:09 am
Selling plater

Presumably their agility and size might favour whether they favour tight courses or not and maybe whether they prefer left or right handed.
This is probably commonplace to you experienced guys but I have had jockeys in SO2 and SO3 saying that a horse enjoyed a certain course (Newmarket both times), which was true in terms of the horses perfomance at that course compared to anywhere else. The advice didn't really translate to other courses which I figured had similar characteristics. But then i suppose Newmarket is pretty unique in real life too?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]