View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 **Horse Conditions** 
Handicapper

Post **Horse Conditions**
I think that horses should recover their condition bars quicker than what it is at the moment. I understand that larger sized horses and horses that run over longer trips will normally take a little longer to recover than small build horses or sprinters for example.. but with the season so condensed with races during the middle months, its difficult to get a horse in 100% Prime condition to run in these races.

I'm not talking about over-racing horses as i understand there is a bar that shows how much racing a horse can tolerate per season, but it takes some horses a month to recover from a race, so its difficult to run in the Juddmonte International (mid August) and then the Irish Champion Stakes (early September) without my horses to be at 100% Prime full bar condition. That would be a typical route a 10f G1 horse would normally take. That would be one example of many.

Also exporting for the league its paramount that the horse needs to be 100% so i have to miss out obvious races i would want to run my horses in because they can't recover quick enough between races.

I honestly think this needs to be tweaked. What do you think?

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:03 am
Handicapper

I think it depends on the horse, tbh. Some of mine take thirty days to fully recover (though that's rare) and others will only take around fifteen/twenty days. Obviously longer distances have some impact and perhaps the game could be tweaked so that distance runners recover a little more quickly than they currently do. I have to admit that most of mine run 7f to 1m2f so not many need that long a recovery break between races.

From my point of view it seems fine the way it is, but like I said, none of mine run much further than 1m2f.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:46 am
Handicapper

i feel that this is a very realistic part of the game. In real life you get horses who thrive on running regularly and those that take races hard...

i have found with horses that take a long time to recover i have had to choose my priority races, (making sure that horses are well recovered for these) and take risks with others ( ie run a horse not at peak fitness)

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Handicapper

yeah i agree little saltie it makes you think about your plan for that horse

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 pm
Handicapper

I just bought a horse out of a seller which had a race the next day and ran a blinder to come 3rd in a listed race.
Sure if I tried that with my other horses they would run terrible.

Bill

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]