View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 An SO4 League on this forum 
Post An SO4 League on this forum
I hope I'm not going to upset people with the following, but I would love the SO4 league to be run on this forum as this forum belongs to the game and seeing that we are all here most of the time, if mark can just appoint the appropriate people to run things to do with the league, that would be awesome, I love this forum and the people are so great, but if it can't be done, it's ok.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:44 pm
Group 2 winner

Are you talking about creating a second seperate league? Or

Moving the current league to this forum?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm
Group 1 winner

i think the current league is run really well and very professionally run by people who love the game what is your issue with the league is it that you think it could be beter than it is or you dont like the way its currently run i dont agree or disaggree with you mate just would like to hear your opinion on whats wrong with it

all the best
pj
hope you had good xmas and new year

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
I don't know how it works now col, either way I don't know, it's just I got used to this forum now, I went to the other forum and I got confused, maybe because I haven't been there for a very long time col.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:24 pm
Hi jc
i think the current league is run really well and very professionally run by people who love the game what is your issue with the league is it that you think it could be beter than it is or you dont like the way its currently run i dont agree or disaggree with you mate just would like to hear your opinion on whats wrong with it

all the best
pj
hope you had good xmas and new year

Ohh no no no pj, I have known these people for a long time I adore these lads don't get me wrong mate, I just get confused these days, when I went to the other forum I just couldn't find things I was looking for, it might be because I haven't been there for a very long time, I love the way the league has been run there is nothing wrong with the league or the way it's run sorry if I didn't make myself understood pj

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm
Group 2 winner

Don't worry, I'm not taking it that you initial question was an attack on the league in anyway.

On the other forum, beside each main topic header, there's a plus and minus button, so you can shrink down groups that are of no interest to you.

As for the SOPL Forum section. There'll be one small group for the UK flat, one for US flat and one for NH. There'll be a section for general banter.

Hope that helps you find things a bit easier.

Cheers..

Colm

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Handicapper

JC I have to say I agree with you. And i've been a member of the other forum for a long time and a moderator there for a while. I don't have any problem with the website there either.

In my view the league should be run out of the game forum instead of an indepedent forum. It just makes more sense and makes it easier for new members to find.

Saying that the guys do an awesome job there and all off their own backs, maybe the way to go could be a new league here for people who are very new to the game.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:45 pm
Selling plater

I agree, it would be nice to keep as much of the league stuff in one place as it took me a while to work it all out with the different forums and websites etc. If not possible then a step by step guide of what you need to do to sign up and links to all relevant forums and websites only would be helpful for all other newbies like me. You could post it somewhere here, as this is the main game forum, as a sticky.

Also how many leagues are there? I can only find one, are there others?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 pm
Group 2 winner

I agree, it would be nice to keep as much of the league stuff in one place as it took me a while to work it all out with the different forums and websites etc. If not possible then a step by step guide of what you need to do to sign up and links to all relevant forums and websites only would be helpful for all other newbies like me. You could post it somewhere here, as this is the main game forum, as a sticky.

Also how many leagues are there? I can only find one, are there others?

Is this what you are looking for

http://www.sopl.info/user

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:56 am
Group 1 winner

The league is ran by ORLWorld and not Strategic Designs so it makes perfect sense for it to be on their chosen forum which is Yuku. The Yuku forum is no different to this just old fashioned.

I would prefer the forum to be in the same format as Strategic Designs though.

EDIT: Just to add to this. The forum is purchased using donations from members. If you want a more updated forum put your hand in your pocket.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:37 pm
lets all calm down guys, this is not about sopl. forums nor the league and the way they have been run, more the point of, it would be nice to have the league run from it's own forum site nothing more & nothing less, and kenny! this stand over merchant tactics that you have come up with on here does not wash with grown up adults we are having a discussion no more no less so don't come in here trying to escalate things for no reasons what so ever but to act like a stand over merchant, if you have something to say say it or shut it jim oops kenny sorry my mistake.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 pm
Selling plater

Agree with JC, attacking us for asking questions is uncalled for, no one is attacking the league or those who run it, we're just trying to understand how it works as joining up does seem to be a bit of a tricky. Some of you should try and to be nicer to newbies!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm
Group 2 winner

lets all calm down guys, this is not about sopl. forums nor the league and the way they have been run, more the point of, it would be nice to have the league run from it's own forum site nothing more & nothing less, and kenny! this stand over merchant tactics that you have come up with on here does not wash with grown up adults we are having a discussion no more no less so don't come in here trying to escalate things for no reasons what so ever but to act like a stand over merchant, if you have something to say say it or shut it jim oops kenny sorry my mistake.

I never thought I would get a response like this, all I was doing was posting a link that has links to TOM, the league forum, SOPL news and SOPL Manual.

dicey asked for links to all relevant forums and websites, I thought I was being helpful with my post, and I don't see how my post is using stand over merchant tactics or attacking anyone.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:32 pm
Group 1 winner

PATHETIC. Wtf is wrong with people on this forum?? Are you on your periods 24/7? Ignore it Kenny. Some people just like attacking people.

Lets all calm down? Everyone but yourself is calm matey. The league is run from its own forum. Mark or Strategic Designs have nothing to do with the league.

Lets keep this forum a nice place and put the handbags away jees.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next