View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 An SO4 League on this forum 
You all make me so proud, just the way you conversed with each other, didn't even allow things to get out of hand, that's how great things grow into greater things, hey westy if I go broke would you lend me a few quid to win against wordy, just joking.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:38 am
Handicapper

Geee guys!! Makes interesting reading for sure.

Although I still think it would be nice to have the League here, just for ease of access and to keep everything game related in the one place

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 am
Group 3 winner

Not really sure what the original problem was but the thread has evolved beyond that anyway. I only played in the last season and was very impressed with the running of everything associated with it, could tell everyone behind the scenes had put in a lot of effort.

Back to the point. You don`t have to become a member of Yuku forums to be a member of the league. After my first runners in the league I did feel a little left out but posted here on my first thoughts and happenings in the league. Got positive feedback and felt good, pity I didn`t get that elusive grade/group 1 win but never mind.

Maybe I`m missing the point (and that`s likely lol) but the forums are here? Can join Yuku if anything is not satisfied here but it`s not a requirement.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 am
Geee guys!! Makes interesting reading for sure.

Although I still think it would be nice to have the League here, just for ease of access and to keep everything game related in the one place

Ohh scobieb shoosh up you trouble maker :lol: but your one of those some times 8) and oh boy you can become one of these too :twisted:
haha

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 am
dragontrainer have you got your team set and ready for the up and coming league mate? and how many are you going with this time around?

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:37 am
Handicapper

I just thought that had spiralled out of what we were talking about thats all JC. I still think your idea is sound and so do a lot of others I think.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 am
I just thought that had spiralled out of what we were talking about thats all JC. I still think your idea is sound and so do a lot of others I think.

It will happen one day scobieb, it has to, I mean this game is growing and it will need it's own forum and league site, after all this game is built on a league out come, what people are forgetting is jim owns the forum but not the league nor the game.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Handicapper

agreed mate....far as I know...if Mark hadn't designed such a cool game there wouldn't be a league.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 am
if you are, where from in aussie are you from?

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 am
Handicapper

Yes and no. I'm a pom originally....spent the first 30 years of my life there, but moved to australia 5 years ago. Married an aussie and the rest is history.

Im in Melbourne mate, racing capital of Australia!!

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:51 am
Yes and no. I'm a pom originally....spent the first 30 years of my life there, but moved to australia 5 years ago. Married an aussie and the rest is history.

Im in Melbourne mate, racing capital of Australia!!

hahaha you clown lol

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 am
Group 3 winner

dragontrainer have you got your team set and ready for the up and coming league mate? and how many are you going with this time around?

Thanks for asking. The horses are coming along nicely. Will be going mainly for the NH side and got plenty of ammunition already, hopefully I should have some dirt horses for the US flat this time. Should have full stables by the end of the season.
Can`t wait, lol.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm
Selling plater

The ORLWorld Forum, is Jim's idea and vision to have different leagues, using different games all under one roof. So a forum member could see all that was on offer, and perhaps buy one of the other games, that they didn't know existed, and give those leagues a try also.

The SOPL is part of that vision. It would be very wrong of me, in many respects, to up and move someone's else idea to another forum mate.

That's how I found out about the Starters Orders series and the SOPL. The Starters Orders game is a UK based endeavor and without the ORLWorld and Jim Cougar, I doubt that anyone in the US would even know about this game.

I didn't join the league until the creation of the USRA and while American involvement is still small, I hope that more and more will become interested. Jim pushed for the US version of the game and Mark was happy to oblige. I, personally, am grateful to both of them for that.

Having the league forums being handled by Jim and the ORLWorld makes perfect sense. Mark has enough on his plate as it is. Keeping track of another dozen or so forums can't be very high on his "to do" list. Besides that, it's important for a game of this quality to have international exposure and using the ORLWorld to help generate interest in the US makes perfect sense.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 pm
Group 1 winner

You all make me so proud, just the way you conversed with each other, didn't even allow things to get out of hand, that's how great things grow into greater things, hey westy if I go broke would you lend me a few quid to win against wordy, just joking.

Mate im sure l still got a debt outstanding book from season 2 for you pal, so your credit is very very low :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 pm
Well beau, I found out about Starters Orders by Googling "Horse Racing Games" and I am sure there are more then 400 people would say the same, but this is not about jim or his forum, this is about the game and the future of the game, and I really think that the game has grown enough to stand alone even if mark appoints someone that he has faith in to run his forum and a new all together league for the sake of the games future, Oh! and by the way, I have all the horse racing games that you can think of on my PC here, they all have been found by Googling them.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next