View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Alexandrova 
Selling plater

Post Alexandrova
I am on my 7th season on hard difficulty. Alexandrova is out of my sire who is a Group 3 winner and the Dams rating is only 119.....Could any of you seasoned pros tell me if her stats will stay like this:

Thank You

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:23 pm
Group 2 winner

The stat bars could change, but shouldn't change too much.

Remember, they are just a guide. Although they look reasonably good, the bloodline doesn't sound great. You might end up with a G2 winner, on the other hand, you could end up with a donkey.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Selling plater

Cheers Colm...she finished second in the may hill and rp trophy but i have another filly, which is out of a 130 rated mare and she won the fillies mile and came 4th in breeders cup juv fillies ......my 1st group 1 homebred :D

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:10 am
Group 2 winner

Sounds good. Glad they are doing well for you. Keep it up.

Stat bars should always be treated as a guide. You'll need to race the horse before you know what you've really got.

Who your off-spring come from is a key factor. You may often find that one horse, who visibly looks more impressive, but from a weaker bloodline, will not match up to a horse who looks a little worse, but better bred. Of course, it's always possible to have the reverse result.

There are many "hidden" stats behind each horse, those that can't be truly measured, such as courage, determination to win, etc. You'll only discover those after you've seen your horse race. If the parents showed signs of poor traits, despite being winners and having high stats and ratings, there's always a chance that they'll pass on these poor traits. Watching the youngsters, will tell you whether they get these traits, and help you decide if you want to continue breeding from these mares and sires.

You'll find a few diamonds in the rough, and a few that blackpool beach won't take from you, even if you paid them :lol:

Keep up the good work, and pay attention. You'll start to see different trends, etc, and that will help you shape your bloodlines in the manner you want them.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:28 am
Selling plater

Thanks for the help colm...I have a derby winner and a horse that has won two legs of the triple crown. Alexandrova has finished 2nd in the eclipse.....Alot of people will not care about this but i do and appreciate the help colm

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]