View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 RACING WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Handicapper

Post RACING WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This needs sorting before the league starts...any horse drawn wide has no chance whatsoever....im not worried about JPB, IM WORRIED IM DRAWN 20 AT NEWMARKET OVER 1M2....PLEASE PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AS I SEE FRUSTRATED TRAINERS IN THE FUTURE....

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 am
Handicapper

I have to agree this is slightly over the top in terms of effect in game but then again there are tracks around the UK where certain draws at certain tracks do severely hinder horses chances in races, and im sure trainers get frustrated but thats life in all fairness the luck of the draw as they say. I think its just something that you gotta deal with like in real racing.

What i find to be the main issue is that the jockeys dont tac over they sit side by side other horses in the game, where as in real life a jockey would simple pull in behind and tac over or push in front and tac over, the game does not do this, if a horse is at pace of a horse alongside they just simple run side by side and in some cases in big fields can be 7-9 horses deep on the track and thats just ridiculous and thats the bit that makes the draws so harsh in game.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:16 am
Handicapper

In real life the draw does have an effect for example goodwood, ascot etc
But you know those drawn badly tuck in and weave through.
Any race over 20 runners at most tracks in so4 there is a big problem..
Mark can tweak this i hope...

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 am
Selling plater

Post Re: RACING WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ESAGENT4 wrote:
This needs sorting before the league starts...any horse drawn wide has no chance whatsoever....im not worried about JPB, IM WORRIED IM DRAWN 20 AT NEWMARKET OVER 1M2....PLEASE PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AS I SEE FRUSTRATED TRAINERS IN THE FUTURE....

I wrote about this a week or so ago and I agree, the draw effect is ridiculously extreme in my view. Note I'm not saying there shouldn't be a draw effect I'm saying the current draw effect is too extreme especially on tracks with long straight finishes. The draw effect we have now is like running every race at Chester!!!!!!!!! It does make the statement 'draw effect: none' somewhat ridiculous, draw effect none should really mean draw effect none or there isn’t any point in having it. In addition when a horse gets a bad draw the jockey should try and counter this by tucking in but it doesn’t bother. The effect of the draw overall does need to be reduced and the level of the effect should be different for each track.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 am
Handicapper

Sorry dicey just read your post previously...your spot on too.
I agree 100% there should be a draw effect at certain courses ie chester.
We play this game to enter a league and try to win races, imagine you have a monster over 1m2, all you will be interested in, is the draw it gets..if your over 20...you have bob hope...this is wrong and needs changing...

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:58 am
Selling plater

I haven't played in the league yet and I don't expect to do well in any case but I don't want to be competing with the draw (in most cases) when I should be competing against other players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As stated draw effect none should mean draw effect none!!!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 am
Handicapper

I agree with this as stated in my response in the other racing wide thread shown again here:

Quote:
Yes I agree wholeheartedly, it wasn't that great in SO3 but I think it has got worse in SO4. I have seen races where the whole field finishes diagonally due to the racing wide issue, it's just too extreme. I'm wondering if this was done to make the game harder, if so I don't think it’s the way to do it. I can see this being a potential source of frustration in the league, it is certainly something to be aware of when testing as some horses constantly get a bad draw and you could miss a good one because of it.

To add to this I agree with ESA that a bad draw, regardless of how good the horse is, effectively writes that horse completely out of the race which is pretty silly. As dicey so eloquently put it:

Quote:
The draw effect we have now is like running every race at Chester!!!!!!!!! It does make the statement 'draw effect: none' somewhat ridiculous, draw effect none should really mean draw effect none or there isn’t any point in having it.

I agree with this entirely and this was the way it was back in SO2. I know the counter argument will likely be that it effects everyone but that doesn't solve the problem of the effect of the draw being unrealistic, and isn't it realism we all really want???

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm
Site Admin

Bend penalties have been reduced in the latest patch (1.0172). Horses are still penalised for running wide but to a lesser degree.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]