View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 New To It All 
Selling plater

Post New To It All
Hi there,

Am new to S04 after purchasing it this morning. I have a reasonable knowledge of horse racing but not to the depths of most of you guys.

I was wondering where's the best place to start and how do I get involved in this onlne league?

I've been looking for a brief explanation but am struggling to find one. Apologies if this is on the wron thread.

Bash

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 am
Group 1 winner

One of our members (JC Night) wrote this......

It would be a good idea to play the game at the moment as you are new to the game the way the game is as it's got the lot there for you to enjoy, and when you learned a bit more about the game down the track in a few months, you'll be able to work out what you really want to have in your game, then you can pick and choose what to download from the mod forum, but thats my opinion mate.

Hackett also added.......

I would also say to give the game a try first mate, when i first started playing i tried both jumps and flat together but in the end settled for just the flat side of the game, not because theres anything wrong with the jumps, i guess i just didnt know enough about it to know where to place horses Etc. Watching flat racing all the time gave me no problems with what i was hoping to achieve with my horses but for you it might be the other way round, once decided mate you can read or ask help to add what ever mods you would like to add theres a lot of very helpful people on here who will answer any questions you have when you get them so ask away.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 am
Selling plater

Hackett, Thanks very much for your response.

I'll keep updated on here then and get cracking with the game. Am just settling down to start now. I did have SO3 but found too many bugs etc so often got cheesed off - This game looks fantastic, can't wait!

Again thanks for your help and hopefully in a month or so I'll be up with the big boys playing in the ORL.

Bash

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]