View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:08 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Does this forum need regular moderators? 

Yes. 40%  40%  [ 10 ]
No. 60%  60%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 25

Group 1 winner

Post Does this forum need regular moderators?
In light of some of the recent arguments and the sometimes slow reaction of the forum moderator (I'm sure mainly because he has better things to do like designing more great games for us to bicker about than reading all the posts on this forum). I wanted to pose this question, (at the risk of being murdered on the forum). I personally think we do need more moderators to politely remind people when things get heated to keep personal insults to themselves as this is a horse racing game forum. The ability of some to lock threads would be good too to stop some spiralling out of control.

I'm not saying I'm the right person for this job but I would like to nominate myself as a potential moderator if enough people agree with the idea.

I personally think there should be at least two moderators, I don't know who would choose them but I guess if you want to be considered then say so. I'd also like to hear some peoples opinions on this. But whether you agree, disagree or are indifferent please think before you post.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes would like to see this done as over last month or so posts have been getting a little out of hand. Usually over same topic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:02 pm
Group 3 winner

I'll volunteer myself too supercat, I check the forum daily and I don't know and have never spoken to any members apart from posting, therefore I would be totally unbiased.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 pm
I don't think this forum needs a moderator as mark is the right person for the job, and I surely going to say the truth on this moderator issue once and for all, as I always said in the past, not one of us in here are suitable for such a job as we all don't get on one time or another, but if someone is putting their hand up for such a job, I wouldn't mind being a moderator myself.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:20 pm
Handicapper

I wouldn't mind being a moderator myself.

That is the funniest thing ive read today.......
You could start an argument in solitary!

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:25 pm
tell me something ESAGENT, if mark made you mod, would it be on your priority list to ban me??

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:30 pm
Handicapper

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:32 pm
Group 1 winner

With all due respect l dont think Mark has time to do this and again with all due respect JC think it should be someone else mate. Tough job and l for 1 will not be putting myself forward.

A nuetral would be fine

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 pm
No....I don't want anyone banned.....

Ohh..... arn't you nice...ESAGENT

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 pm
I do know this for sure westy that mark knows all about just what is going on in here, and he at the best of times has a great laugh at it all, believe me mate, so I say again, leave the great job for the chief as mark is not silly and he is a great judge of character trust me on that one mate.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes JC very true but he cant be on here as much as a lot of our members are. By the time Mark has read and closed threads its already esculated too far where as l regular poster can stop anything which is getting a little out of hand. Marks assistant in a way

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:47 pm
Yes JC very true but he cant be on here as much as a lot of our members are. By the time Mark has read and closed threads its already esculated too far where as l regular poster can stop anything which is getting a little out of hand. Marks assistant in a way

I would vote for you westy but!! you didn't vote for me, so I do want to close out of hand threads too, ok
so the only way to resolve this dispute westy is, you take 10 steps north of yourself, and I'll take 10, and when we turn and face each other come out firing ok, shite, I forgot where I placed me pistol, just joking, I found it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm
Group 1 winner

I dont want to fall out with no one... l just feel we are and we will keep losing new members to the game and the league and this needs to be stopped. Everyones issues with each other put to 1 side and we all concentrate on making the league bigger and more competitive and when newbies are reading these certain threads its just totally putting people off as it would me.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm
I dont want to fall out with no one... l just feel we are and we will keep losing new members to the game and the league and this needs to be stopped. Everyones issues with each other put to 1 side and we all concentrate on making the league bigger and more competitive and when newbies are reading these certain threads its just totally putting people off as it would me.

Well I thought the elite guys always pushed the orlworld forum as the league forum, so, whats the problem, this is the games forum and thats what they kept saying, but at the end of the day westy, you will find that mark is happy the way things are on here as none of us deserve the title for moderator.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:12 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't think this forum needs a moderator as mark is the right person for the job, and I surely going to say the truth on this moderator issue once and for all, as I always said in the past, not one of us in here are suitable for such a job as we all don't get on one time or another, but if someone is putting their hand up for such a job, I wouldn't mind being a moderator myself.

:lol: That tickled me and i mean it in a nice way JC.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next