View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Over-racing? 
Selling plater

Post Over-racing?
Hi guys,

A lot of my 2yo's give me the training memo "Care! You are close to over-racing this horse." I usually get it towards the end of the 2yo season, but under no circumstances do my 2yos have more than 5 starts, usually only 4.

Recently, I put two workouts into my maiden 2yos before any of them started and one of them gave me that memo...I find this bizarre considering I eased him up gradually from moderate to intense training, made sure he was "raring to go" before working him both times...

What can I do to prevent this memo - is it an aspect of training that I am doing incorrectly? How can I make the memo go away once it shows up? I don't see any significant improvement from resting him either, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks!

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:55 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't really know but I'm not sure if it really means all that much. I raced one 6 times as a 2yo, on it's 4th run I noticed the head lad said this. I chose to ignore it because he was so good, he won once more and was 2nd in his last start. So far as a 3yo his form reads -114 one listed race, the Dante and 4th in a G1 on unsuitable ground. So in a way I might be tempted to ignore it and see how it does. After all if you over race it now it won't lose any 'genetic class' so it could breed another really good horse. I suppose some horses could be more prone to this than others. But I've only seen it in one.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]