View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Few questions before I buy 
Selling plater

Post Few questions before I buy
Hi all love the demo but a few questions.

1. Can I play this on both of my computers when I buy 1 copy. IE i purchase a copy but want to install on my laptop and home pc. Can I do this or do I need 2 copies?

2. Is the auctions disabled in the demo? wanted to try it

3. is being a jokey disabled in the demo? again would like to try that as well.

4. Can I name my horses once in the game? I saw an earlier post on hos to change some data file on a name but since I believe you start with some horses any way to name them once you get them? (been looking for a post on this and have not found one)

Thank you all for the help

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 am
Group 1 winner

1. Yes you can play on 2 machines, you will need to transfer the game between the two though because if you make significant progress on one then it obviously won't be automatically transferred onto the second. But you can transfer it manually and insert the save files into the appropriate places. (I have done this but I'm not the right person to advise you on this. There may be more help to come.)

2. Don't know but you basically press start auction and you can bid 100,1000 or 10000 for a horse if you have enough room in your stables and if you have enough money.

3. Again don't know. When you are at the race your horse is to run in you select the jockey tactics option and then select 'Take the reins' to ride the horse yourself. I would advise reading the instructions on this before you start. The manual comes with the game.

4. I'm sure you can alter some kind of data file to change the in-game horses' names. But you can't change the game horses' names from the game. When you breed horses, you can name them yourself.

I would definitely buy the game, best horse racing game out there. Also have a look through the manual when you buy it, it helps a lot.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:58 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Few questions before I buy
resjeste wrote:
4. Can I name my horses once in the game? I saw an earlier post on hos to change some data file on a name but since I believe you start with some horses any way to name them once you get them? (been looking for a post on this and have not found one)

Thank you all for the help

Although you can do this mate its best to just breed your own horses and then you get option to name them. Altering game horses names is a pain and it means downloading other software which IMO is just not worth it

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]