View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 General question/help 
Selling plater

Post General question/help
Hey people new to this forum but been playing SO4 for a while, have a few questions that I hope can be answered?

1) What do the small pink/blue traingles mean next to racing form screen?

2) Can anyone tell me the best time to buy the best horses, is it and the start of every new season when 2YO go on sale or is it best to buy in season at big meeting e.g 2K Guineas meet?

3) Can anyone post me a direct link to the most in-depth/best patch for me to download for a flat season in Britan?

Grateful for any response?

Ta

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 am
Group 1 winner

All of the answers to your questions are in the manual that comes with the game and scattered all over the forum.

The stars are the horses' current mood red=very worked up to blue which is relaxed.

Look in the game mods section for a schedule that might suit your needs. The patches you download from Mark, the game maker, to update the game and fix any bugs. There are lots of schedules available but you will have to start a new game. For that reason I don't have a mod-ed schedule, just use the default. Or you can make one in the schedule editor, press the spanner button on the start-up screen, but again you'll need to start a new game.

There aren't auctions at specific meetings, just at the start of the season and at everyday auctions. I buy at both depending on the horses on offer, the more expensive ones are generally the best. Again lots of people have posted asking this so it would be worth having a browse on the whole forum to see what other members have said.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:09 am
Selling plater

Thanks Supercat - is it also possible to declare and non-runner on the day instead of 1 day before?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:39 am
Group 1 winner

No it's not. You have to keep an eye on whatever factors may make your horse a non runner and pull it out the day before.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Group 1 winner

i think thst we should be able to pull a horse out on the day like real life and declare on the day even if we have to pay a fee i block book races 6 weeks in advance and sometimes miss an odd big race because there is a big race the next day and i can only block book the next 6 weeks from tomorrow so miss that big race

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mark has said hundreds of times, because it has been requested thousands of times, that it creates some kind of fatal error in the game and it isn't possible. Maybe as the game and technology get better it will be, but for the foreseeable future you won't ever be able to pull a horse out of a race on the day. Hence why we now have weather forecasts and going predictions.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 pm
Selling plater

Hi guys bit of help if poss.How should i be using claiming races?i currently enter horses that i want to sell, run them off bottom weight win and sell(sometimes)
Just started a new season looking at races for my 4yr olds, and am faced with lots of claiming and selling races so much so that i havent the option of a 7f c2/c3.
one more question if i see a horse running in a claimer but he doesnt win can i claim him/her?

cheers

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:03 pm
Group 3 winner

You can only bid on the winner of a claimer in the game. Have previously only ever used claimers for horses I want shot of, but, having read in another thread somewhere that someone uses them to give horses a run, I am tempted to use this ploy too where there are no suitable early season races.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Selling plater

7-1 wont change me,Rovers till I die

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 pm
Group 1 winner

You can only bid on the winner of a claimer in the game. Have previously only ever used claimers for horses I want shot of, but, having read in another thread somewhere that someone uses them to give horses a run, I am tempted to use this ploy too where there are no suitable early season races.

same here

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]