View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What to do with 4 yr old fillies 
Selling plater

Post What to do with 4 yr old fillies
I am constantly churning out oaks winning fillies who have 130 rating as 3yr olds and win most or all the 3yr old fillies races but when they get to 4 yr olds there are no races for fillies at 1m 2f to 1m 4f so every time i enter them in the g1 4 yr old top races like coronation cup etc for both sexes every one of my fillies get totally whipped even though they still have top rating. I know colts are faster and its mostly all colts who are in the g1 4yr old and up races but surely i shouldnt be getting whipping season after season and filly after filly and if so what do i do cause there is only the yorkshire cup in august to enter for my top fillies.

ps i dont want to start a new game and edit shedule

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:49 pm
Group 3 winner

I usually admit defeat in 4 year old career and retire them to stud and see what they produce.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:10 pm
Group 1 winner

if they cant beat the boys then only one option stud the yorkshire oaks is really the only race out there for them maybe the pritty polly in ireland

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I guess the ratings system is a bit flawed then with fillys, what with giving em high ratings (125 +) when they are winning against other g1 fillys but actually not being as good as the ratings suggest and only racing against g1 colts will you get the true rating.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]