View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Deterioration Potential 
Handicapper

Post Deterioration Potential
What does this stat actually mean in the advanced stat menu for horses?

And is the Red Bar closer to Full or closer to empty best?

This has me baffled?????

Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Deterioration Potential
I think closer to zero is best.

It seems that the potential light green bar will start to decrease starting at age six. How much it decrease is dependent on how high your red bar is, ie. the higher the red bar, the higher the reduction.

What I cannot seem to understand is how to have the light green potential bar to maximise. I know it is through racing. After the first few races, the green bar moves quite a bit, after that. no matter how much I race, the light green bar moves very minimal or dont even move at all. What I have failed to understand is how racing experience translates into the increase. Should I enter into a higher level of race that most likely will lose or enter into races that the horse will win? Or is it more a matter of time where through time the bar will increase. If its time, the bar seems to be the same at middle of 2 year old till beginning of 4 year old. :?

Sat May 05, 2012 12:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Remember some horses never realise their potential. I've had horses who have realised their potential and also some who haven't reached their potential, it could be an intended effect.

Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 pm
Selling plater

SuperCat wrote:
Remember some horses never realise their potential. I've had horses who have realised their potential and also some who haven't reached their potential, it could be an intended effect.

Hmm that may be true...so potentially those will never fulfil their potential.

Super cat, do you know if these horses whom never fulfil their potential, will it affect their offspring? Realistically it should not as its the gene that determines the offspring?

Sat May 05, 2012 1:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Absolutely no idea at all. I don't even know if this is the reason it is just an assumption...

Sat May 05, 2012 1:57 pm
Handicapper

Gold Impact wrote:
I think closer to zero is best.

It seems that the potential light green bar will start to decrease starting at age six. How much it decrease is dependent on how high your red bar is, ie. the higher the red bar, the higher the reduction.

What I cannot seem to understand is how to have the light green potential bar to maximise. I know it is through racing. After the first few races, the green bar moves quite a bit, after that. no matter how much I race, the light green bar moves very minimal or dont even move at all. What I have failed to understand is how racing experience translates into the increase. Should I enter into a higher level of race that most likely will lose or enter into races that the horse will win? Or is it more a matter of time where through time the bar will increase. If its time, the bar seems to be the same at middle of 2 year old till beginning of 4 year old. :?

I only bred my g's with horses that had high potential and eventually came out with a few that had it. I think you breed it in if I am not mistaken.
The stats on this game are a lot more thorough and reliable. Don't think that low battling qualities means your horse will cop out as I feel it doesn't translate literally. I get the feeling that they may compliment or hinder the other stats. For example my 2yo here doesn't seem to have battling qualities, I've definitely seen him battle. I figure since his acceleration and speed are high and extra speed is high he won't need it.

I've wondered would he be a lot better if I bred him with a horse with the qualities he lacked?

I also tend to find it's only the longer distance G's with high battling or cruising burst

Sat May 05, 2012 3:00 pm
Selling plater

Redeyez wrote:
I also tend to find it's only the longer distance G's with high battling or cruising burst

Hmm frankly I find it difficult to find horses with high battling qualities, so wont be able to comment for now.

Its also difficult to find horses with decent distance adaptability. I found a few, the higher one being about 60%. I intend to breed this stats into long distance, hopefully 1m2f. Will be good to have a horse that can run 1m-1m4f.

Also notice that long distance horse tends to have low finish application.

Sat May 05, 2012 3:44 pm
Selling plater

Where do you find these other stats on the horses ?

I didnt even know there was any and after seeing this went and looked and cant seem to find it.

:?:

Sat May 05, 2012 7:49 pm
Handicapper

bluealf wrote:

Click on the horse name and then on the box where the stats (fit, cond, speed, stam,jump,start) there should be a small square blue icon on the top left hand corner.

Click and boom

Sat May 05, 2012 8:03 pm
Selling plater

bluealf wrote:

I didnt even know there was any and after seeing this went and looked and cant word hurdle seem to find it.

I also researched these indicators but couldn't find any information about them

Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]