View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Yet another Fatal Error 
Handicapper

Post Yet another Fatal Error
Hi
I decided to start a new save, this time in USA with Sirius Chill`s USA/CANADA mega schedule?courses.
Every time i choose the USA button, and go to type in my name every ok, the second i click on the DOOR button the start the game it crashes leave the following message

LIB:FATAL ERROR fatal can`t open data file //data//4//course dat.
Has anyone got any advise please.
Alan

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Yet another Fatal Error
Let's see if we can figure this out. I haven't been playing much lately but fired it up a few days ago. I patched up and reinserted my data mods and it worked fine.

Quote:
LIB:FATAL ERROR fatal can`t open data file //data//4//course dat.

That tells me there is an error with the Irish courses dat file. (4) I have not touched the Irish course dat file. Are you choosing my schedule named "sched_f_usatwentythirteen" at the start screen?

Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:43 am
Handicapper

Hi SiriusChill
I decided to uninstall everything, and reinstalled the game, installing the program, patches, all Start it files and updates, plus USschedmagav6.
The only change i did was in the schedule folder i installed the _sched_f file insteady of _sched_f_uastwentythirteen file.
So far so good, got through the first month, no problems, touch wood lol
Many thanks for your help. ill keep you updated, with my progress

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:07 pm
Handicapper

Hi SiriusChill
I have reached June, with the other schedule, in your USAmega pack.
So i tried swapping the schedules over "sched_f_usatwentythirteen" and tried to restart a new save.
The program crashes again, when i click on the open door to start off.
The error message read LIB:FATAL ERROR fatal can`t open data file //data//2//course dat.
Has i have said i have installed the game and all patches, plus start it files, plus the files from Sirius Chill`s USA/CANADA mega schedule?courses.
All ok with the other schedule. crashed on the "sched_f_usatwentythirteen"
hope this helps, by the way many thanks for uploading these file for the forum to use, excellent work.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:10 pm
Handicapper

hello SiriusChill
just checking something, with your sched_f_usatwentythirteen, do i need to delete usatwentythirteen off the ending of the name.
so leaving schedule_f ??
many thanks

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Here is a download of data mods I use for my US game that works for me now. It includes US, Canada and Dubai folders which are the only nations I have made changes to. A quick download here as there are no tracks to download.

I have updated my 3d courses from MJtags up to his Start It 2.250 Courses: - I have not updated any of the tracks he has made since that download. So you should have all the tracks he has made up to and including Start It 2.250 Courses: installed.

If you want to use my schedule you have to use my courses.dat file because it is different than MJ's courses.dat file due to all the minor tracks I have added that he doesn't have. If you add courses he has made after his 2.25 update then you have to go through his courses.dat file included in each download he makes and cut and paste the course specs. of every new track he makes in each update and put it into my courses.dat file.

Copy and paste data folder to ~ Program files / Starters Orders 6
Copy and paste schedules folder to ~ Documents / Starters Orders 6 / Exports

accept all overwrite requests

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6pjr40j2b2a0tht/mega.zip

I have uploaded the whole updated mega package with all of MJ's courses up to Start It 2.250 Courses: and my courses that are needed and all the rest of the data and portraits too. It's the whole thing and a rather large download. I am just waiting for it to show on my mediafire list. They may have a time limit on uploads - I don't know. So when that is up I'll post the link.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:56 am
Handicapper

Thank you for your help SiriusChill, i will do has you say, and i`m sure that will sort the problem out.
There is always someone on this forum who will help if anyone has a problem.
I would not have a clue myself, many thanks for your help and advice
Alan

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]