View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 US Currency Mod? 
Selling plater

Post US Currency Mod?
I have noticed that although playing in the U.S. in certain screens the currency still shows up a British Pounds. Is there a mod or way to fix this? For example, when you click on a horse, the Career and Ssn winnings show up in pounds, even though it should be U.S. dollars. Also, some expenses show up in Pounds. I have also found that on the breeding page, the horses career record and end of season OR fee column shows up in Pounds. These should be dollars since it's being played in the U.S.

Is this something that can be changed?

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: US Currency Mod?
I believe there's a currency option in the options menu, on the home page. I might be mistaken though.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:58 pm
Selling plater

mkvitz89 wrote:
I believe there's a currency option in the options menu, on the home page. I might be mistaken though.

I can select nation as U.S. and most of the currency changes to U.S. dollars - such as at the auction. But in some areas, the currency is still listed a pounds. Makes it seem inconsistent.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:04 pm
Handicapper

Yeah i checked for an option and i was mistaken there isn't one. Im not sure what would cause that, my US save goes by US dollars. I wonder if there is a file option that you can change. One of the more seasoned players might be able to help you with that. Wish I could help you cause that would drive me nuts.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:27 pm
Selling plater

mkvitz89 wrote:
Yeah i checked for an option and i was mistaken there isn't one. Im not sure what would cause that, my US save goes by US dollars. I wonder if there is a file option that you can change. One of the more seasoned players might be able to help you with that. Wish I could help you cause that would drive me nuts.

So when you play U.S. do your horses season winning and career winning (when you click on the horse name shown on the top header), do they show up as U.S. currency? Most my currency shows up as U.S., but there are some areas that still show up as British pounds. In general it's not a big deal, but there are a few places were it doesn't convert. Another example is where it shows the travel costs and a line on the map going from your stable to the race location - the cost of the trip shows up as British pounds.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:08 am
Handicapper

To be honest, it's been like that since the US schedule for first introduced back in SO2 ... so like 10 years. Don't recall offhand when SO2 came out, but I know it was a while ago. The US pack was originally a separate DLC you had to buy, but it was then standard with SO3 onward. I think some of the currencies are hardcoded rather than coded like the ones that do change. Such a minor thing ultimately, but would be nice if it did get fixed at some point.

I also don't think there's anyway for us to change it. You'd think those that don't change currency signs might be part of an image which would explain the issue, but that's not the case since many images are designed to be stretched, resized, or tiled depending on resolution. Since no text in the game really does that, the currency issue is part of the game code itself.

Majority of the players here, as is the creator, are from the UK so other countries in the game take a back seat to it ultimately. Likely part of the reason why the US doesn't have a jump schedule despite the fact that we do have some. No Brazil racing, either, despite that being rather popular down there. The US schedule has had issues since it first came out with duplicate races (Maker's Mark Mile and Victory Ride are two culprits) and has never been fixed. It's been buggy (for lack of a better word) since SO2. The game doesn't recognize race distance when looking for race names so despite one Maker's Mark Mile being 7f and the other 1m, because they're on the same track and use the same name, the schedule automatically uses the first race in the showcase twice. If the game recognized race distances (and sex restrictions) as well as track and name, it wouldn't be an issue. I've just taken to altering the schedule myself.

Ultimately they're just minor things that you'd hope will eventually get fixed. Honestly, I've been playing the game since SO2 and neither the currency symbol nor the schedule has been fixed. Soooo ... only thing you can do with the currency is just ignore it. I just look at the numbers these days. Since this is one of the few (and really the best) horse racing sim on the market, a few minor irritations aren't enough to toss the game out.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]