View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 "Failed" message when creating new schedule 
Group 2 winner

Post "Failed" message when creating new schedule
Firstly, I have successfully created a couple of new schedules for the flat, so I have a fair idea what to do, but when I try to create a new schedule for the jumps I am having problems.

What I have done so far.

I started with the default jumps schedule and deleted all the races. Set a new start and end date for the schedule.

I managed to insert the first 2 races I wanted in the schedule, but when I try to insert another race I get the "failed" message. I was trying to insert the race on a day when no other races were scheduled.

I tried several other days and races and got the same result. Just out of curiosity I tried a date a couple of months ahead in the schedule and the race was entered ok. Just not where I wanted it.

Can anyone throw some light on the problem?

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: "Failed" message when creating new schedule
Wannabe wrote:
Firstly, I have successfully created a couple of new schedules for the flat, so I have a fair idea what to do, but when I try to create a new schedule for the jumps I am having problems.

What I have done so far.

I started with the default jumps schedule and deleted all the races. Set a new start and end date for the schedule.

I managed to insert the first 2 races I wanted in the schedule, but when I try to insert another race I get the "failed" message. I was trying to insert the race on a day when no other races were scheduled.

I tried several other days and races and got the same result. Just out of curiosity I tried a date a couple of months ahead in the schedule and the race was entered ok. Just not where I wanted it.

If you are doing this via the schedule Editor in the game I found out certain days it just wouldn't accept races the only thing I suggest is try it Manually using the Actually Data file Show_j and Sched_j

Gray

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

This is with the schedule editor I assume? Always put your last race in the schedule in first.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:28 pm
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Wannabe wrote:

What I have done so far.

If you are doing this via the schedule Editor in the game I found out certain days it just wouldn't accept races the only thing I suggest is try it Manually using the Actually Data file Show_j and Sched_j

Gray

I edited te 2 files you mentioned. Took me about 5 hours to create a new schedule from scratch.

Strange thing though, when I use the new schedule and look at the diary in the game, any G1 races I did not edit say "Group 1" but any races I edited say "Grade 1". All of them say G1 in show_j

I don't have any horses in my new game capable of winning a G1 race so don't if there is a difference. Time will tell.

I might import a couple of horses and try to win these races, to test the difference, before I go too far with the new schedule\game.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:40 am
Group 2 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
This is with the schedule editor I assume? Always put your last race in the schedule in first.

I thought this was the way to do it also, but for some reason it did not work. It worked fine for the flat schedule I created but not the jump Schedule.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:44 am
Group 2 winner

Doesn't matter if diary says grade 1 or group 1, both races are displayed ok in horses stats.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]