View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 bobsworth13 schedule 
Handicapper

Post Re: bobsworth13 schedule
aintreematty wrote:
Could you try this please? Overwrite your current bobsworth13 schedule with this.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2uyvinhp ... e.zip/file

This is such a random bug but I think that what has caused all my jumps schedules to crash is that the UAE folder was missing a list of jumps trainers. Apparently the trainer .db files for all countries need a stack of jumps trainers whether or not the country even has a jumps schedule. So weird!

Well, let me know if this fixes it and, I suppose, if you can load an Irish jumps-only schedule also.

Sorry bobsworth, I could have sworn I replied to this last week! this has fixed the UK and IRE jumps only schedules! Thanks again for your hard work! One other thing I've noticed is that the 1st hurdle after the 2mile start on the Cheltenham old course does not get jumped for some reason. The field go slightly to the left of it and don't jump it.[/quote]

Did you use the course files that came with my schedule? My Cheltenham old course is a bit different from the one that now comes with the game. In the real world, the standard distance is 2m 100 yds so I replicated that on the course. It does mean that the first hurdle is 100 yards from the start so when the game AI generates a 2m hurdle race, it will start right on the first hurdle. I checked the waypoints of the hurdle course and I have got them jumping the first hurdle.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:27 am
Handicapper

aintreematty wrote:
Could you try this please? Overwrite your current bobsworth13 schedule with this.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4bzw6kdo ... e.zip/file

This is such a random bug but I think that what has caused all my jumps schedules to crash is that the UAE folder was missing a list of jumps trainers. Apparently the trainer .db files for all countries need a stack of jumps trainers whether or not the country even has a jumps schedule. So weird!

Well, let me know if this fixes it and, I suppose, if you can load an Irish jumps-only schedule also.

Sorry bobsworth, I could have sworn I replied to this last week! this has fixed the UK and IRE jumps only schedules! Thanks again for your hard work! One other thing I've noticed is that the 1st hurdle after the 2mile start on the Cheltenham old course does not get jumped for some reason. The field go slightly to the left of it and don't jump it.[/quote]

Mon May 09, 2022 4:33 am
Selling plater

Hi Bobsworth,

I love your flat/jumps schedule. It's the best I've seen for encouraging horses to follow a recognisable career path and not taking in some minor prize at Plumpton two days before the Gold Cup.
But. There's a but. A huge one.
Novice jumps horses seem very keen to stay novices. I have had a series of novices, in various different games, who are SO good they have managed to win races like the Supreme Novices Hurdle and other top hurdle and chase prizes two or three times. Nice work if you can get it. BUT it's a bit of a game breaker, as it doesn't happen. You don't get two-time winners of the Arkle Trophy. Where is the problem? I can't see what has over-written the basic injunction against novices being allowed to race as novices the season after they cease to be maidens, one that the base game accurately reflects.

Thu May 26, 2022 10:23 pm
Selling plater

Can I add that I don't think it is such a big deal that the jumps only schedule doesn't work. Jump and flat racing are more intertwined than ever. There is a certain type of juvenile hurdler and an increasing number of novice hurdlers who are recruited from flat stables after a flat career. Jumpers are increasingly bred from flat horses with stamina that have won or placed in Classics. Even an above-average English Derby winner these days is quite likely to end up a predominately jumps sire. A jumps game made up entirely of thumping great jumping stock is about eighty years out of date. I'd encourage anyone to play the mixed schedule, and just scroll through the flat season if you really can't abide flat racing. Even Arkle won a flat race.

Thu May 26, 2022 10:46 pm
Handicapper

Sky Pink wrote:
Hi Bobsworth,

I love your flat/jumps schedule. It's the best I've seen for encouraging horses to follow a recognisable career path and not taking in some minor prize at Plumpton two days before the Gold Cup.
But. There's a but. A huge one.
Novice jumps horses seem very keen to stay novices. I have had a series of novices, in various different games, who are SO good they have managed to win races like the Supreme Novices Hurdle and other top hurdle and chase prizes two or three times. Nice work if you can get it. BUT it's a bit of a game breaker, as it doesn't happen. You don't get two-time winners of the Arkle Trophy. Where is the problem? I can't see what has over-written the basic injunction against novices being allowed to race as novices the season after they cease to be maidens, one that the base game accurately reflects.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Have you seen other schedules where novices stay as novices the next season? I think it is a horse data issue rather than a prepping issue.
I have in fact solved the problem with the jumps schedule not loading up. It is irksome seeing a bug in a schedule... I think its in our modders' instinct to want to troubleshoot them.

Fri May 27, 2022 8:58 pm
Selling plater

Hi Bobsworth,

The Grand National has a fixed field of 40 in the db. The race conditions are correct. But in the game, no matter how many seasons have passed, the race rarely attracts more than 30 runners, and it is usually closer to 20 and sometimes less than that. Any ideas how to fix it? Horses for whom it seems the obvious target go for the Scottish National instead.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Sky Pink wrote:
Hi Bobsworth,

The Grand National has a fixed field of 40 in the db. The race conditions are correct. But in the game, no matter how many seasons have passed, the race rarely attracts more than 30 runners, and it is usually closer to 20 and sometimes less than that. Any ideas how to fix it? Horses for whom it seems the obvious target go for the Scottish National instead.

hi sky pink, if you raise the pool in the "jump schedule" to 16000 & fpoolperc to 25 it should work, example,

[pool]16000
[fpoolperc]25

it should work mate.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:30 pm
Handicapper

Thanks tomas. I have never altered the fpoolperc. What does that do?

Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:41 am
Handicapper

Sky Pink wrote:
Hi Bobsworth,

I had a look at the prep races for both races and its quite puzzling how there is a bias for the Scottish National. For the Grand National, I have the major steeplechases and Cheltenham's cross country chases as preps. For the Scottish National, I have the Premier Listed Chase, Cheltenham's RSA, XCountry and National Hunt Chases as preps. Fewer prep races for the Scottish National than for the Grand National.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:59 am
Group 2 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
Thanks tomas. I have never altered the fpoolperc. What does that do?

If you added more races to the original showcase that came with the game me mate, then you got to up the pool,

fpoolperc :25 that has something to do with other nations horses per season, fpoolperc

for what you created in other nations races, your game works well with the following,

[pool]16000
[fpoolperc]25

but remember me mate, you must start a new saved game.
works here well, so good luck.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:55 pm
Handicapper

Ah, it means foreign-pool-percentage. The percentage of other countries' horses in a country's schedule.

Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:55 am
Selling plater

I had already tried upping the overall pool and the foreign percentage as well as trying dozens of prep race options. Nothing makes any difference. My guess is that turning nearly every race into a feature race just overloads everything. Horses over-race as novices then run one or two times a year. I could live with it. But the Grand National situation is the worst of all worlds, with fields of 12 and 13 year-olds making up most of the tiny fields. So it's out, I'm sorry to say...

Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:47 pm
Selling plater

With regards to feature races, the clue is in the title. It's a feature that will be recorded in your 'big race wins'. These should consist of Group races, Listed races, Heritage / Premier Handicaps, and the odd few exceptions here and there for races you just want in your schedule - but be picky.

I've not tried this schedule yet so cannot speak for it, but I know of previous schedules that included handicaps as low as 0-70. A complete cluster ****.

I personally won't download these types of schedules as they don't make sense using the above logic, whilst as can be seen, they clearly do create other issues too.

Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:44 am
Group 2 winner

npdoughty88 wrote:
With regards to feature races, the clue is in the title. It's a feature that will be recorded in your 'big race wins'. These should consist of Group races, Listed races, Heritage / Premier Handicaps, and the odd few exceptions here and there for races you just want in your schedule - but be picky.

I've not tried this schedule yet so cannot speak for it, but I know of previous schedules that included handicaps as low as 0-70. A complete cluster ****.

I personally won't download these types of schedules as they don't make sense using the above logic, whilst as can be seen, they clearly do create other issues too.

if that's the case, why are you creating your own schedule then?
this schedule works fine for me, its sad that you would miss out on playing the game, 3 years of schedlue creation has taken a toll on scheduler, SO6 schedule! I wonder how many people are playing SO6?
But good luck npdoughty.

Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:35 am
Selling plater

So you believe that a lowly handicap race should be scheduled as a 'Feature Race'? It's no wonder this game and the mods available have so many issues with that kind of nonsense.

Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next