View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.1
Can't wait to see what their progeny do! Amazing job!! Putting down a wager that one of their progeny will win the Triple Crown haha!

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I finished the 3yo Challenge. Not the best horse name I suppose but as the breeding is not yet where it needs to be I neglect that part.

Probably will be retired to the stud now. Maybe he will produce something worthwhile.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Namor wrote:
I finished the 3yo Challenge. Not the best horse name I suppose but as the breeding is not yet where it needs to be I neglect that part.

Probably will be retired to the stud now. Maybe he will produce something worthwhile.

Nice horse!! Can't wait to see his progeny! And wouldn't be a champion 3 year old unless he got retired to stud after his 3yo season hahha!!

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

atiggerx33 wrote:
Transfer him to Game Pool instead (copy the ttf file and paste it elsewhere) import him back into game, finish racing career. Copy your saved ttf.dat file when he's done (or just import him into another game) to have him still young for breeding. It's what I always do, I export them at the end of the 2 yr old season, so I have them really young for breeding if they do well.

You could even try both the Start It 4 yr old challenge and the challenge named after me. Seems like he should handle the distance.

Yeah thats exactly what I do. But I will probably switch savegames now as I will get on to breeding with him. Therefore it is unlikely I will actually finish his racing career.. Not sure though as he is good fun to watch. I actually finished a variation of your challenge with one of my horses.

He will probably not be used for breeding purposes. Slighlty lower overall potential and worse secondary skills, but there were some 10 lengths victories in there.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:40 pm
Selling plater

I would like to try the older horse challenge but for some reason i dont have the dubai world cup on my game probably something i didnt do but any help would br appreciated

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 am
Group 1 winner

From looking at your screenshot, it has highlighted something that I was previously unaware of. In the data files, the prize money values for the four main countries in which you play the game are entered in their own currency - UK is GBP, US is USD, Australia is AUD and Ireland is EUR. This works fine, as formulas have been used to convert the USD, AUD and EUR values to GBP in the UK game. However, Mark programmed it so that prize money for races in all other countries needs to be entered as GBP. This obviously works fine for the UK schedule. However, in the US schedule it seems to use the same exact value from the file, meaning overseas races in the US schedule are worth much less than they should be. In reality, the Dubai World Cup is worth $10m (£6m), double the value of the Breeders' Cup Classic. The Hong Kong Cup (also from your screenshot) should actually be worth around $2.7m. Perhaps a formula needs to be added to convert these amounts in the US game .

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Now my game keeps sporadically crashing. As in not on a set date, just every so often on the turning of days. Don't know if it's your mod (I doubt it though, I have been playing it for 27 seasons, it's only this 28th that its bugging out. Going to try to finish this season, gonna take about 45 mins even though I only have 1 horse. Just have to keep saving after every race as well as every couple days. PITA :(

You might want to mention this in the support forum. As it's using a combination of mods, they might not be able to find out specifically what is causing the problems you're experiencing, but I do believe Mark has a program that allows him to run a very large number of seasons with the default schedules, so he might be able to run some more tests on long-term games.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Information on Start It 2.2 and above now available. List of course that will be created in coming versions listed on first post.
Any suggestions for courses to be created after version 2.22, please comment.

Also, fair warning, Del Mar is not 100% accurate. Since there is no way to use the short 1 1/4 mi chute on the stretch, the 1 1/4 mi dirt races so the races start just after the far turn. Also, 1 1/4 mi races on turf start right before the far turn due to the configuration. Everything else works perfectly.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

MJ,

How about Oaklawn. They have some major Graded stakes.....
Would you mind posting your Gulfstream?

Thanks for all your work and time. I can't get the editor to work right for me.
An example: in terrain, spray paint, There's a yellow icon with an arrow to the top left of the texture. Left click on this and hold it down
I do not get this yellow icon.........

Thanks again, Mike

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:25 pm
Group 1 winner

meast32 wrote:
MJ,

How about Oaklawn. They have some major Graded stakes.....
Would you mind posting your Gulfstream?

Thanks for all your work and time. I can't get the editor to work right for me.
An example: in terrain, spray paint, There's a yellow icon with an arrow to the top left of the texture. Left click on this and hold it down
I do not get this yellow icon.........

Thanks again, Mike

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9732
Download this. All the graphics for the editor will show up now.

Added in Oaklawn. Thought I added it in so that is why it isn't there.
As for posting Gulfstream, I am waiting til I have a few more ready before releasing them. The release is soon. It just depends on how fast I get through the rest of the courses in the pack (I can do about 1.5 courses a day, depending on the size and detail of the course). The July estimate is just an estimate of the latest date it would be released. The release date is realistically more like next week, but withhold portraits and graphics until after the courses are released (so release portraits and graphics with 2.3). Unsure as to what to do just yet.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Okay great! Thanks for your help....

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:10 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I am greatly excited that I will get a realistic looking Belmont. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Maybe in SO7 the walking paddock could be included. Instead of giving descriptions on horses looking nervous or sweaty you could look at them yourself and see the head tossing, misbehavior, sweating (a darker patch on their neck), etc.

Plus if Mark included this at Belmont it would completely melt my heart. Due to copyright he might not be able to include the inscription, or make the statue in exactly the same pose, but if it was just included at all in some sort of homage... it would be touching.

There might be a possibility of a parade of horses. There is an option for a parade course in the editor. I will test it out sometime.
And I agree the secretariat statue would be touching as would a Seabiscuit one at Santa Anita!

Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I completely agree. More legends would be nice. And some older, less well known legends too. One of my favorite legends is Imp, the Coal Black Lady. Raced 171 times, winning 62 times, and finished in the money 126 times.

Some legends to be included:
Man O'War, Secretariat, Ruffian, Gallorette, Sir Barton, Seattle Slew, Seabiscuit, War Admiral, Imp, Eclipse, Kelso, Native Dancer, Nearco, Ribot, Devil Diver (three straight Met Miles), Ben Brush, Royal Delta, Zenyatta, Tim Tam, Sarazen, Peter Pan, Colin, Henry of Navarre, Domino, and many many more, but I'll stop there; I could go on forever though, especially with the pre-1930s runners. I may not have been alive for them (not even for any legends before the mid 90s), but they are some of my favorite legends and true pioneers of the sport.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I was born in '96 so I know how you feel. I would have given anything to see Man O'War run. Just a monster of a horse. And Sham was a great horse, should have included him. One of the few horses that could go toe to toe with Big Red. Angle Light, the only horse to beat both Secretariat (albeit sick) and Sham in the same race. Such a great year for racing!

And I doubt Mark would leave out the US legends in the full game. That would just be so upsetting if he did.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Just a quick update on the courses.
Just finished the Meadowlands and wow does it look good! Got both the new and old grandstand in, along with Metlife Stadium in the background and far away the NYC skyline. Happy to have a turf only track in the US game as well. Also, there are cones in place of the rail separating the turf and dirt as there is no rail in real life. Gives it a very realistic vibe.
Belmont Park was released prior and looks great. Probably going to update it and add in the paddock area (maybe even the Secretariat statue).
Gulfstream Park and Del Mar are also done and look very good. Have the Pacific Ocean in at Del Mar and the huge lake at Gulfstream. Very exciting to race at.
Delta Downs is another one to include mainly cause of the huge demand for a bull ring course. Big fan of Delta Downs and one of my favorite horses. It was my first attempt at a course so it isn't the best, but it works and looks very nice, especially at night.
Woodbine is also finished, however it is just an updated version of the default game one. I opened up the dirt course and adjusted the inner harness track to include cones like in real life.
Working on Keeneland (future Breeders Cup host woohoo!) next, then moving on to Saratoga. Haven't decided on whether Aqueduct will be completely redone or just opening the inner dirt and using the default track. As for Churchill Downs, that will be the last one I do before I release the 10 course pack. I will also update my schedule and showcase files to reflect the two dirt courses at Aqueduct and the two turf courses at Belmont, as well as a few mistakes that need correcting.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 102  Next